Detailed Job Description
It is the policy of Stark State College to ensure equal employment opportunity in accordance with Ohio Revised Code and all applicable federal regulations and guidelines. Employment discrimination against employees and applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, military status, pregnancy, disability, age, genetic information, or sexual orientation is illegal.
The Dean of Student Success reports to the Provost & Chief Academic Officer and provides the vision, leadership, management, accountability, and direction for college-wide efforts to increase retention, completion and transfer rates, and student goal attainment at Stark State College.
The Dean of Student Success will focus on building and maintaining strategic alignment of all phases of the College’s emerging student retention and completion agenda through developed collaborative relationships with faculty, students, staff, and administrators. This will include continuously educating and engaging college partners on ways to enhance academic assessment, accreditation, advising, Digital Library, e-StarkState, programs and certificates, student retention and completion, and university partnerships – all with the goal of increasing student success.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Creating flexible and effective processes that constitute a dynamic, seamless, and efficient student experience with measurably successful outcomes.
• Collaborating to develop retention, completion, and student success strategies that support the College’s mission and College Completion Plan, meet student success goals, support learning outcomes, and other student performance-based standards required by state, federal, and third-party funding sources including the Ohio Board of Regents and the Higher Learning Commission.
• Shepherding the campus evolution toward the use of inquiry for improvement, including interfacing with other departments to explore key student success data, and translating the insight generated into measurable action.
• Using BRIDGE (SSC professional development committee) and other professional development opportunities to increase knowledge, awareness, understanding, engagement, and support for academic program review, accreditation, assessment, advising, student retention, persistence, and completion.
• Providing leadership and vision to academic assessment, accreditation, advising, Digital Library, e-StarkState, honors program, student retention and completion, and university transfer.
• Collaborating to enhance and/or develop and implement best practices, processes, and procedures to effectively assess the needs of students, including the early identification of at-risk students, and working cooperatively with internal subject matter experts to develop appropriate intervention strategies and programs that will positively impact opportunities for the students’ academic, personal, and career success.
• Collaborating to enhance certificate and program assessment of learning outcomes and co-curricular learning across academic affairs, student affairs, and career/workforce development in order to improve levels of student engagement, retention, satisfaction, and success.
• Identifying grant and scholarship opportunities that support student success and advance enrollment management.
The Dean of Student Success provides leadership in College Completion Plan initiatives and is responsible for assisting in all implementation strategies expected in this position including the advancement of student success, identification and management of strategic grants, advancing the College toward the use of inquiry for improvement, internal professional development, and college partnerships.
The Dean is also responsible for assisting in all implementation strategies including accreditations from state and national bodies and articulation with other institutions of higher education; is responsible for budget and cost-effective management within the division; ensuring assessment and delivery of a quality and alternative learning environment that is focused on student success, including satellite locations; leadership in faculty advising and advising of returning students, and effective personnel management including evaluation of and professional development for division employees, and interfacing with others to translate key student success data into action.
The Student Success Division supports the mission of the College as well as the mission of the other academic divisions who look to the division for development of retention and completion goals and strategies.
Master’s degree in Educational Leadership, Counseling, Psychology, Social Sciences or other closely related student success field. A doctoral degree in same is strongly preferred.
Requires a minimum of seven years of progressive and successful leadership experience, including five years of supervisory experience and five years of teaching experience (preferably fulll-time) in a post-secondary education institution reflecting:
• Leadership in student academic success, student retention and completion, advising, work/academic readiness, and university transfer.
• Experience designing, implementing, and managing a program, initiative, or special project that resulted in measurable increases in student retention and/or completion rates, or other quantifiable student success initiative within a post-secondary education environment.
• Demonstrated expertise in innovative teaching and learning strategies, including the use of technology to enhance learning.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively lead and manage employees, work as a team-player, and motivate employees to advance strategic and operational initiatives.
• Experience in strategic and quality improvement initiatives, assessment, accreditation, grant or project management, and partnership development.
• Familiarity with student retention theories and practices, knowledge of instructional pedagogy related to student development and success, and developmental learning at the post-secondary level.
• Experience using outcomes-based decision-making and demonstrable comfort working in and contributing to a data-driven environment.
• Evidence of strong relationship building skills with both internal and external constituents and working collaboratively with a diverse student body.
• Experience establishing partnerships and collaborating with universities, businesses, community, and government entities.
• An understanding of state systems and regional accreditation.
The qualified candidate will possess visionary qualities of a forward thinking leader; demonstrated analytic, critical thinking, decision-making and problem-solving skills; ability to exercise independent judgment and quickly assess changing facts or conditions; ability to drive institutional change and serve as a transformational leader among key internal and external decision makers; a high degree of emotional intelligence in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with diverse constituencies for influencing, persuading and gaining their support; a high degree of strategic thinking, analytic ability, inductive reasoning, innovation and creativity in devising new, non-standard approaches to overcome problems and barriers to student success; comfort using research and data for improvement; and the ability to organize, manage, and complete multiple tasks with multiple deadlines.
Must have a commitment to student access and success, diversity, and inclusion.
Preferred Qualifications Include:
• Experience developing and implementing strategies aimed at achieving and/or complying with student, academic, and performance-based metrics of success and criteria established by state, federal, and other third-party funding sources.
• Proven track record in enhancing community college student academic success and timely completion, including university transfer.
• Proficiency with full Microsoft Office Suite applications and post-secondary education research and data collection, analysis and review of software programs and applications.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/7xpdk54