Detailed Job Description
Coordinate UVU Extended Studies classes and programs at Weekend College and off campus education centers. Provides leadership and support to assigned projects. Responsibility will focus on development of new and existing programs aimed at increasing enrollments and degree programs in Weekend College and off campus education centers that will expand educational opportunities with additional classes and programs for students. Includes long-term planning, data gathering, and assessment.
Provides initiative and creative leadership to assigned projects. 15%
* Develops strategic plans, research, and data based proposals. 15%
* Assists academic departments in the identification of courses and assignment of qualified faculty to instruct courses. 15%
* Resolves problems with classrooms, educational equipment, and facilities that may arise. 10%
* Evaluates and assesses overall quality and success of site facilitation of student/faculty support. 10%
* Supervises and evaluates performance of staff. Includes work schedules, training, support services and problem resolution. Motivates staff to achieve peak performance and productivity. 15%
* Uses latest technology available in an educational environment including email, internet, and social media tools. 10%
* Participates in committees as assigned and performs other duties as assigned. 10%
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor's degree and three years of full-time paid experience related to the summary of duties; OR any combination of post high school education and experience related to the summary of duties totaling seven years.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of higher education course and program requirements, policies and procedures.
- Exceptional interpersonal and professional skills, with proven ability to work effectively to develop consensus solutions for a wide range of issues with a broad constituency ; students, faculty, academic and campus departments, community members and staff.
- Well-developed conceptual and analytical skills, including the ability to identify a problem, develop a solution and implement that solution in cooperation with others or independently.
- Demonstrated project management skills, while working with challenging deadlines.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in coordinating, managing and promotion of existing academic programs.
- Ability to understand linkages between various university systems and processes.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to work with a wide array of individuals in a professional manner.
- Understanding of academic degrees, graduation requirements, ability to work with academic departments to develop a semester and yearly schedule of classes.
- Knowledge of strategic planning and demonstrated experience in marketing programs.
- Ability to create documents and complete reports in a timely and accurate manner.
- Demonstrated creative and entrepreneurial skills.
- Ability to generate and maintain sustainable productivity.
- Ability to work in stressful situations, demonstrate initiative, problem solving and decision making abilities.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and strong sense of accountability and ownership of responsibilities.
- Ability to see the big picture as well as take care of the details.
- Ability to contribute in thought, word, and actions to current and future initiatives.
- Ability to learn new things quickly and be flexible to take on whatever tasks are needed.
- Demonstrated skills in computer use and computer applications as well as technology and multi-media equipment.
Special Instructions to Applicants
- To be considered an applicant for employment you must apply online through the UVU.Jobs website.
- To receive full consideration for post-secondary education, please submit copies of transcripts or diploma of highest degree earned. Transcripts do not have to be official copies.
- To be considered in the first screening, the online application and required application documents (see below) must be submitted by the screening or closing date.
- Our system can only accept supplemental documents (such as cover letters or transcripts) in PDF or Word format. The file size of documents must be less than 2MB. It is strongly recommended that you take documents that are not in an electronic form and scan them into a separate black and white PDF file so you can attach them electronically to the online application. You can get help with this at a local copy center if needed.
- Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the results of a background check, which includes a criminal records check. A criminal conviction is not necessarily a bar to employment.
- Application materials become the property of UVU.
- For questions contact Human Resources at email@example.com.