Detailed Job Description
The Physical Therapy Program at Quinnipiac University invites applicants for a 12 month full time clinical faculty (non-tenure track) position as an Academic Coordinator of Clinical Education (ACCE).
The ACCE will be expected to work collaboratively with the Director of Clinical Education and another ACCE in the administration, development, and assessment of the Clinical Education Program; serve as an academic advisor for post-graduate Doctor of Physical Therapy students; participate in service to the University and the community; and develop a scholarly agenda related to clinical education and the field of Physical Therapy.
Required Minimum Qualifications
The ideal candidate:
1. Is licensed or licensure eligible in Connecticut.
2. Has a minimum of 10 years of clinical practice, and a minimum of 5 years of experience as a clinical teacher. Previous experience as an Academic Coordinator of Clinical Education or Center Coordinator of Clinical Education is preferred.
3. Has earned (or is in process of earning) a post-professional DPT or terminal academic degree (PhD, EdD, or equivalent) in Physical Therapy or a related discipline.
4. Is current in their knowledge of the challenges facing the clinical education environment.
5. Has strong interpersonal, communication, time management, organizational, and technological skills.
6. Is able to work collaboratively with other DCE/ACCE faculty, academic teaching faculty, program administration, students, and clinical partners.
Special Instructions to Applicants
The Quinnipiac University Physical Therapy Program offers a 6.5 year DPT program with a curriculum that incorporates traditional, problem based, inter-collaborative, and service learning experiences. The Program is located at the University's Graduate Campus in North Haven, along with other Heath Science Programs including Occupational Therapy, Nursing, and Physician's Assistant. Space is shared with our developing Medical School Campus.
This position is open effective January 1, 2013. Applications received by October 15th will receive fullest consideration. Application materials should include cover letter and resume.