Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 8/13/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Performs a variety of administrative and kitchen tasks related to the operation of University food service facilities.
1) Oversees activities of unit; assists in setting goals and priorities; assists in setting policies and procedures; ensures the smooth flow of operations; enforces rules and regulations.
2) Supervises staff; establishes schedule and assigns tasks; monitors and evaluates performance; reviews and approves employee time sheets.
3) Monitors and reviews completed tasks; ensures that any necessary changes or corrections are made.
4) Maintains inventory; assists in forecasting needs and placing orders for materials and supplies.
5) Oversees maintenance of facility; reports any needed facility or equipment maintenance or repairs.
6) Performs a variety of administrative tasks including keeping records, balancing accounts and preparing deposits, and resolving customer complaints.
Requires nine months of training beyond high school and two years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge of general business administration techniques; knowledge of food preparation and sanitation techniques; supervisory skills.
Physical effort usually requires considerable walking and standing with some lifting of materials weighing 25 to 50 pounds. Periodic assignments given which entail dealing with modestly unpleasant physical situations.
Associate or Bachelor's degree and supervisory experience in a hospitality field.
Miami University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with smoke- and tobacco-free campuses, is committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.