Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 9/14/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Job ID: 1052. The Enterprise Data Architect II or III is responsible for planning and/or conducting activities that define the information needs of the University and design the data master blueprints to meet those needs within the context of all enterprise architecture domains and the connections with information systems, information technologies, and solutions. The Enterprise Data Architect will provide high quality data and will identify and define common information requirements and design conceptual and logical models and plans to meet the current and future data requirements of the University and mitigate data oriented risk.
1. Develops and/or leads enterprise data architecture framework and ensures compliance with standards.
2. Develops and /or manages an enterprise data vision and strategic road maps.
3. Facilitates and/or leads the coordination of enterprise data governance activities.
4. Develops specific metrics for quality and consistency reviews of data.
5. Understands the shared information needs of the University with emphasis on executive information consumption and data that comes from or is provided to parties external to the enterprise.
6. Develops and maintains an integrated, subject-oriented, predominantly conceptual enterprise data model that represents essential data produced and consumed across the University.
7. Develops and maintains cross-references that map elements of the enterprise data model to business, application, technology and security architecture domain components.
8. Identifies gaps in data management practices and orchestrates eliminating those gaps by developing:
a. Models that demonstrate effective data warehousing and business intelligence
b. Models that demonstrate effective data integration
c. Models that demonstrate effective data sharing, accessibility and security
9. Stays abreast of data management industry trends and higher education data models and champions their potential to improve enterprise data management.
10. Defines and publishes data management standards.
11. Educates upward and outward about the business value of enterprise data architecture and data management.
12. May occasionally teach one credit bearing course, per semester, on an as needed basis.
Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience providing the knowledge/skills/abilities listed above may be substituted. Experience in these knowledge/skills/abilities may be earned concurrently.
Enterprise Data Architect II or III
Enterprise Data Architect III
Miami University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with smoke- and tobacco-free campuses, is committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.