Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 7/17/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Job ID 1044
Admission Counselor to assume the management of a first-year recruitment territory to include 4-6 weeks of travel and with a focus on visits and events.
- On and off-campus visits and events: assist with programming and logistics related to recruitment and yield activities for prospective students and assist with the management of Miami’s student tour guides and ambassadors;
Other duties include:
- Use market research and other admission data; prepare statistical reports and analyses;
- Monitor admission activity in critical markets;
- Coordinate recruitment activities, to include six weeks of travel with evening and weekend work expected;
- Organization, coordination and management of on and off-campus recruitment events and counselor programs;
- Develop working knowledge of Miami University programs, opportunities and policies;
- Communicate information about admission policies and procedures to prospective students, families, guidance counselors, community-based organizations and alumni volunteers;
- Develop and maintain relationships with high school counselors;
- Participate in electronic file review;
- Participate in professional organization and professional development activities;
Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree (at the time of application). Excellent communication skills, including public speaking and writing ability; high level of organizational and self-starting skills; ability to work with minimal supervision; demonstrated commitment to recruiting individuals from diverse backgrounds; knowledge of and experience with computer systems and various software applications, preferred Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint proficiency; ability to lift 30-40 lbs of recruiting materials; valid driver’s license for travel; ability to perform overnight travel.
Candidates with more than two recruitment cycles of experience in admission, or more than two years of experience in higher education, recruitment, or marketing may be considered for Senior Admission Counselor.
Master's degree; experience with customer relations database (e.g., Hobson’s, Slate), Banner and Microsoft Access; experience working with school counselors, community-based organizations, and alumni volunteers.
Miami University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with smoke- and tobacco-free campuses, is committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.