Detailed Job Description
Under the direct supervision of the Director - Institutional Effectiveness, the Assistant Program Director will: execute a variety of university assessment and planning activities and projects that support administrative and operational effectiveness; support the Director in the management, coordination, development and maintenance of institutional/unit strategic plans and outcomes assessments; assist in documenting and guiding the institution through the regional accreditation process.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a master's degree in education administration or a related field, and a minimum of two years of formal training, internship, or leadership experience; OR a minimum of a bachelor degree and four years of experience related to the essential function of the position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Knowledge: Current and innovative practices in assessment, planning, research, and institutional effectiveness in a higher education environment. Principles and theories of strategic and operational planning. Accreditation process and reporting requirements.
Skills: Collect and analyze data. Assess/evaluate program effectiveness and recommend/plan improvements. Use MS Office suite; be especially proficient in Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel. Communicate complex information in an understandable way. Technical writing and editing. Presentation and training preparation and delivery.
Abilities: Work effectively and collaboratively as a team member. Work independently. Coach/train others. Attend to details of project management. Think critically, conceptually, and analytically.
Special Instructions to Applicants
- To be considered an applicant for employment you must apply online through the UVU.Jobs website.
- To receive full consideration for post-secondary education, please submit copies of transcripts or diploma of highest degree earned. Transcripts do not have to be official copies.
- To be considered in the first screening, the online application and required application documents (see below) must be submitted by the screening or closing date.
- Our system can only accept supplemental documents (such as cover letters or transcripts) in PDF or Word format. The file size of documents must be less than 2MB. It is strongly recommended that you take documents that are not in an electronic form and scan them into a separate black and white PDF file so you can attach them electronically to the online application. You can get help with this at a local copy center if needed.
- Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the results of a background check, which includes a criminal records check. A criminal conviction is not necessarily a bar to employment.
- Application materials become the property of UVU.
- For questions contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org