Detailed Job Description
Adler University has an opening for a Vancouver Campus Librarian. The Vancouver Campus Librarian serves as coordinator for planning, implementation, and problem solving of all Vancouver Library functions. Key areas of responsibility include reference services, Library instruction, access services, collection development, and supporting campus library strategic planning. Secondary areas of responsibility are faculty syllabus support, technical services support, general Library programming, and LIBGuide development. Applicants who are members of non-dominant group(s) are particularly encouraged to apply and can expect to work in a highly diverse urban setting on a campus that strives to be inclusive, responsive, and supportive of its students, staff, and faculty.
- Coordinates reference and circulation assistance at the Vancouver Campus Library, including staffing the Library service desk, assisting students, faculty, and staff with reference questions, circulation of books and assessment materials, training and supervising student assistants in public services activities.
- Coordinates Vancouver Campus Library instruction services to individuals and groups, including scheduling, preparation of class materials and exercises, teaching classes, working with other Library staff in a team-teaching capacity, and developing/maintaining LIBGuides.
- In collaboration with the Access Services Librarian, coordinates Canadian interlibrary delivery of materials not owned by the Adler University.
- Assists Chicago Campus based Technical Services Librarian with catalog support and new materials shelf preparation, providing primary back up technical services as needed.
- Ensures that the Library policies and procedures established by the Director of Library Services are applied consistently at the Vancouver Campus Library, while working with Vancouver Campus staff to adapt procedures to support local practice when possible.
- Provides advising to Vancouver Campus students and faculty on utilization of library systems and conducting literature searches for research purposes.
- Works with other Library staff to collect and analyze statistical data on Vancouver Campus Library operations, and reports on reference and instruction activity.
- Collaborates with Vancouver Campus faculty and the Director of Library Services on recommendations of resource purchases for the Vancouver Campus Library.
- Manages Vancouver Campus Library fines and deposits.
- Works on special projects as established during the Library strategic planning process.
- Serves on committees and represents the Vancouver Campus Library in other capacities as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- ALA-accredited Masters degree in Library and information Science.
- 3 years professional experience in an academic library setting.
- A strong interest in the breadth of library services offered in an academic setting.
- Knowledge of current resources and practices in academic libraries, particularly in areas of reference service, access services, and bibliographic instruction.
- Experience with academic library policies and practices.
- Experience with integrated library systems, preferably Voyager, and knowledge of online database systems.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Flexibility appropriate for a dynamic, team-based work setting, with a willingness to participate in collaborative problem-solving.
- Excellent critical-thinking and problem-resolution skills, including demonstrated success with analyzing, organizing, and presenting information, an ability to prioritize assignments, and an aptitude for complex, analytical work with attention to detail.
Applications should include:
- A letter of introduction and statement of interest
- A curriculum vitae
- Names and contact information of three professional references