Detailed Job Description
Responsible for the overall leadership and management of the campus library, including long-range planning, development and evaluation of services, and the establishment of policies and procedures. Coordinates and promotes information literacy classes. Researches and recommends emerging library technologies.
Essential Job Functions
1. Provides leadership for the campus library and related instructional programs.
2. Ensures that the information and instructional technology needs of faculty, staff, deans, student services personnel, and students are identified and provided in the library.
3. Develops, implements, and evaluates services, including computer information systems and new technologies, to support student and faculty research needs and campus wide learning programs.
4. Promotes transformative uses of new technologies in Information Literacy instruction.
5. Develops and manages the credit library instruction program. Collaborates with other learning support credit programs as applicable.
6. Promotes library resources and services to the campus community.
7. Provides for management and evaluation of resources, facilities, and personnel in the library.
8. Provides for on-going staff development and training opportunities.
9. Develops and administers the budgets for the campus library and maintains appropriate records, files, and reports as required for local, state, and federal agencies. May be required to provide similar administration for other learning support centers as needed.
10. Works collaboratively with administration, faculty, and staff in campus and college-wide planning and development in accordance with the Strategic Learning Plan and other college priorities.
11. Makes recommendations to the campus leadership regarding personnel, services, technologies, facilities, policies, and procedures.
12. Participates in library and instructional technology initiatives, organizations, and committees at local, state, regional, and national levels.
13. Serves on campus committees as required.
14. Provides library instruction as needed.
15. May be required to manage or evaluate resources, facilities and/or personnel in other campus learning support centers as needed.
16. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Master's degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution [required] preferably in library science or other discipline related to learning resources.
2. Recent professional experience in a library/learning resources environment.
3. Demonstrated experience in information technologies.
4. Administrative experience.
5. Demonstrated budget management experience.
6. Must be able to perform all of the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Knowledge Skills Abilities
1. Knowledge of the principles and practices of library operations and administration.
2. Skill in the use of personal computers, library-related technologies, and general office software.
3. Ability to effectively communicate interpersonally, orally and in writing.
4. Ability to lead, manage, coach and evaluate employees, including librarians and support staff.
5. Ability to maintain a budget and plan appropriately for current and future operational and needs.
6. Ability to analyze operations, identify and address strategic needs, develop appropriate policies/procedures, and make sound decisions.
7. Ability to effectively organize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, while meeting deadlines and prioritizing changing needs.
8. Ability to build consensus around new ideas, philosophies, and emerging library technologies for the purpose of creating an innovative learning environment in the library.
9. Ability to work in a diverse community and meet the needs of diverse student populations.
Equal Employment and Preference-Eligibility
Valencia College provides equal opportunity for equal opportunity for employment and educational services to all individuals as it relates to admission to the College or to programs, any aid, benefit, or service to students or wages and other terms, conditions or privileges of employment, without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information and any other factor prohibited under applicable federal, state, and local civil rights laws, rules and regulations.
Valencia College extends preference in employment for eligible veterans in accordance to Florida State Statute 295.07.
Please press the apply button in the task box on the right column of this page to proceed and be redirected to the position announcement for this position on Valencia College’s website.