Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 7/20/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Job ID: 945. Assist in the coordination of health care for all intercollegiate athletes through prevention, recognition, management, treatment and rehabilitation of athletic injuries and illnesses, with referral to health specialists as required.
This position specifically supports the mission of the University and the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics by assisting in institutional compliance with NCAA and Conference rules and regulations.
1. Assist in the scheduling of pre-participation physical examinations of all student athletes.
2. Prevention, evaluation, treatment and rehabilitation (mental and physical) of athletic injured and illnesses under the direction of the Director of Sports Medicine/Head Team Physician, Assistant Director of Sports Medicine, and the assigned Supervisory Certified Athletic Trainer.
3. Provide medical coverage for all assigned sport practices, home and away contests.
4. Communicate the status of injured athletes to the Director of Sports Medicine/Head Team Physician and respective coaches, acting as a liaison between physicians, athletes, coaches and the Director of Sports Medicine/Head Team Physician.
5. Communicate and coordinate with respective coaches, current health care standards and implementation of medical policies and procedures.
6. Assist in recruitment of prospective athletic training students.
7. Assist in the supervision of current athletic training students in educational and clinical settings.
8. Maintain current medical records of each athlete, keeping them up to date and containing all pertinent information.
9. Assist in inventory storage, distribution and maintenance of supplies
10. Assist in documentation of insurance claims, collection of bills from student-athletes, and pre-certification of various medical procedures/tests.
11. Maintain certification in the National Athletic Trainers Association by obtaining continuing education credits through the attendance and participation in clinics, seminars, meetings and workshops.
12. Maintain state licensure with the Ohio Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy and Athletic Trainers Board by obtaining continuing education credits through attendance and participation in clinics, seminars, meetings and workshops.
1. Bachelor's Degree from an accredited Athletic Training Educational Program
2. NATABOC Certified
3. Must be Licensed/Eligible for Licensure in the State of Ohio as an Athletic Trainer
4. Current CPR, AED & First-Aid Certification
5. Must have strong written and oral communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal skills
Miami University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with smoke- and tobacco-free campuses, is committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.