Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 9/14/2015.
Job ID: 881 - AFSCME - FT
Position performs various preventive maintenance tasks on equipment and systems for a university campus consisting of approximately 200 buildings. Position's primary purpose is to ensure that all preventive maintenance tasks are completed promptly and properly.
1. Customer Service Function - Provides assistance to internal and external customers promptly and courteously; maintains frequent communication with the customer concerning status of equipment usability; performs quality work consistent with manufacturer's requirements; maintains a professional appearance and attitude
2. Mechanical Function - Performs pressure differential readings to determine frequency of filter changes; changes various types of air filter media in HVAC equipment; replaces belts, adjusts to proper tension, and ensures appropriate alignment; performs alignment on pumps; tests operation of dampers; maintains temperature control compressors;
3. Lubrication Function - Changes oil in gearboxes, oils bearings, greases motors and bearings, and lubricates mechanical dampers and linkages per manufacturer's recommendations
4. Cleaning Function - Cleans mechanical and electrical rooms and/or spaces; cleans mechanical and electrical equipment to include air handlers, pumps, motors, fans, air intake louvers and area wells, air compressors, radiant heat systems, fan coil units, and coils of all types
5. Inspection Function - Reports any obvious or suspected equipment malfunctions to supervisor to include worn sheaves, bearings, pneumatic leaks, steam or fluid leaks, dampers not operating properly, or excessive oil consumption
6. Tool Proficiency/Safety - Utilizes mechanical hand tools and other relevant equipment; utilizes lockout/tagout equipment; maintains tools in a clean and serviceable condition; reports broken or damaged items for repair or replacement
7. Additional Functions - Assists in the performance of other building trades tasks in maintaining industrial equipment and in response to emergency situations as assigned
8. General Knowledge - Basic knowledge and understanding of plumbing, electrical and other building functionality systems, HVAC, refrigeration, and other mechanical systems
9. Attention to Detail - ability to maintain detailed and complete records of maintenance, and testing activities
10. Communication Skills - ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to a wide range of persons
11. Customer Service Skills - understanding of modern customer service theories, practices and methods
12. Working Conditions - Work may include tasks which require walking, lifting of materials that weigh up to 75 pounds, bending, stooping, carrying, climbing (to include extension ladders); ability to enter attic and basement areas with chase ways/doorways as small as 18 inches by 24 inches is required; ability to work in man lifts up to 80-feet from the ground is required; work environment may be very hot or cold, with respirator if required
1. Education/Experience - High school diploma (or GED), six months of mechanical/trade training beyond high school and two years of repair/maintenance experience in light to moderately complex plumbing, electrical and/or mechanical tasks, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Driver's License - Valid driver's license required
Miami University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with smoke- and tobacco-free campuses, is committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities.