Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 5/16/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Under the direction of the Chief Instructor, conducts pilot evaluations and training with UVU Professional Pilot students in accordance with FAA regulations, department policies and standard operating practices. May also be assigned to train and recommend initial flight instructor candidates, perform instructor standardization, or other duties deemed necessary by the Chief Instructor.
• Conducts pilot and/or instructor training as authorized for speciefied training course(s).
• Conducts student evaluations and records reviews as authorized for specified training course(s).
• Provides professional and constructive feedback on student performance to the student and supervisory staff.
• Performs flight instructor standardization flights and/or briefings as assigned.
• Performs other tasks as assigned by the Chief Instructor.
• Maintains complete, accurate and timely personal, student, and instructor training and evaluation records.
• Performs aircraft maintenance check flights as assigned by the Chief Instructor.
• Maintains proficiency and currency in assigned instructing and piloting responsibilities.
• Participates in regular recurrent standardization and safety meetings.
• Maintains professionalism and safety in all interactions and responsibilities.
• Knows, follows, and promotes aviation regulations and UVU Aviation policy, procedures and safety practices.
• Maintains a personal program of continuing education as directed by the Chief Instructor.
• At least 650 verifiable hours total time in aircraft.
• At least 400 verifiable hours of instruction given as a CFI in airplanes.
• Held CFI certificate for at least 2 years if hired for or assigned to duties training new instructors.
• Able to pass initial and recurrent knowledge assessments related to piloting duties.
• Able to pass initial and recurrent knowledge assessments relating to the evaluation and training of pilots and instructors.
• Knowledge of standard pilot training practices and associated FAA regulations.
• Knowledge of material contained in required FAA publications pertaining to assigned duties and piloting practices.
• Knowledge of FAA regulations applicable to flight operations.
• Able to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
• Effective interpersonal, problem-solving, and decision making skills.
• Able to teach effectively and accurately.
• Able to use standard word processing and general computer applications.
• Able to pass initial and recurrent practical assessments of piloting proficiency – the ability to act as pilot in command of a UVU aircraft.
• Able to pass initial and recurrent practical assessments of proficiency in the teaching and assessment of students.
• Able to work within the operating limitations of all aircraft in the UVU fleet including access to controls and emergency equipment.
• Able to work for short periods outside during all seasons and most weather conditions related to flight operations.
• Able to sit for long periods.
An individual who meets at least one of the following criteria may apply for this position as an in-house applicant:
-Adjunct faculty status for at least two full semesters immediately prior to the position’s opening date, OR
-Non-Student Part-time hourly employee hired through the official University screening process, or informal hiring process employed a minimum of 6 consecutive months, working at least an average of 20 hours per week, immediately prior to the position’s opening date, OR
-Salaried employee employed a minimum of 6 consecutive months, working at least an average of 30 hours per week, immediately prior to the position’s opening date.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.