Detailed Job Description
Founded in 1863, Saint Mary's is a residential campus nestled 20 miles east of San Francisco in the picturesque Moraga Valley. Based in the Catholic, Lasallian and liberal arts traditions, Saint Mary's currently enrolls more than 4,000 students from diverse backgrounds in undergraduate and graduate programs. The De La Salle Christian Brothers, the largest teaching order of the Roman Catholic Church, guide the spiritual and academic character of the College.
As a comprehensive and independent institution, Saint Mary’s offers undergraduate and graduate programs integrating liberal and professional education. Saint Mary’s reputation for excellence, innovation and responsiveness in education stems from its vibrant heritage as a Catholic, Lasallian and liberal arts institution. An outstanding, committed faculty and staff that value shared inquiry, integrative learning and student interaction bring these traditions to life in the 21st century. The College is committed to the educational benefits of diversity.
Reporting to the Client Support Manager, the Tier1/Tier2 Support Technician is responsible for resolving incidents by:
1. Helping customers troubleshoot and resolve their IT equipment (phone, chat, in-person at service desk etc.)
2. Applying remote tools to diagnose and solve problems (preferably during First Call/First Level Resolution)3. Escalating unresolved problems to the appropriate Tier 2 or Tier 3 Support Teams.
4. Provides in-person, on-line and phone technical support by helping customers troubleshoot and resolve their issues.
Requires tact and excellent communications skills to obtain correct information regarding issues from customers and record this information in ITS Tracks. Includes skills to guide customers towards resolving their own issues.
5. Provides immediate resolution of complex technical issues by using remote control tools to diagnose and resolve issues remotely.
Requires expert level knowledge of complex remote control systems (Apple Remote Desktop, Windows Remote Control, GotoAssist and other expert tools) to remotely take control over customers' computers, log in as an administrator, locate and diagnose underlying problems and resolve these problems. Document steps taken extensively in ITS Tracks for future use including Knowledge Base.
6. Escalates unsolved problems to appropriate Tier 2 or Tier 3 support teams.
Requires thorough understanding of expertise, capabilities, of other teams and the ability to describe problems and provide information about problems in such a way as to minimize the need for Tier 2 or Tier 3 teams for additional information.
7. Manages assigned issues in ITS Tracks from cradle to grave.
Requires frequent progress monitoring and contact with Tier 2 or Tier 3 teams to move issue to resolution. Act as advocate for customers to determine that their problems have been resolved and continuous communication with Tier 2 or Tier 3 specialists assigned to issues.
8. May be sent to classrooms to resolve a classroom emergency, or other duties as assigned.
Experience and Qualifications:4+ years experience as Tier 2 Support Technician at a Service Desk.
Preferred: ITIL, HDI
Superior computer and software skills, customer service skills, tact and diplomacy.
- weekend/evening work may be required.
- Call Center Operations experience Tier 1/Tier 2 phone support.
- ITS Call Tracking System or equivalent
- GotoAssist, Apple Remote Desktop, Windows Remote Desktop Support or equivalent Remote Control software.
- MS Office 2007 and 2010 product suite support, troubleshooting etc.
- Microsoft's XP operating system, basic configuring and troubleshooting.
- Microsoft's Windows 7 operating system, basic configuring and troubleshooting.
- Basic hardware/Printer/Application support, installation and troubleshooting.
- Proficient in setting up IP printer connectivity.
- MAC OS X in a support and troubleshooting role.
- MS Office for MAC and/or iWork.
- Hands-on experience Active Directory and equivalent software for password reset, account creation, etc.
- Proficient in basic DOS commands.
- Basic knowledge of Thunderbird email, configuration and troubleshooting.
- Basic knowledge of Google mail configuration and troubleshooting.
- Basic knowledge of troubleshooting of wireless connectivity issues.
- Basic IP, DNS, Subnet, Gateway, configuration and troubleshooting.- Basic knowledge of troubleshooting iPAD and Smart phones (iphones, Driods, etc.).
Depends on Qualifications
Application Instructions: Please apply on-line at http://jobs.stmarys-ca.edu. Include a cover letter that specifically addresses how you meet the qualifications and are prepared to support the mission of the College. A complete application includes: A letter of interest and how you are prepared to support the Mission of the College A resume and an on-line application The name and contact information for three (3) professional references. Candidates who submit names of references should expect that references will be contacted, in confidence, by the College and that credentials will be confirmed prior to hire. Candidates who become finalists will be expected to sign a consent authorizing a broader inquiry. Saint Mary's is an equal employment opportunity employer. We support inclusive excellence and are committed to creating a safe and welcoming community for all.