Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 5/11/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
This 12-month position will assist the head men’s basketball coach with all aspects of the intercollegiate athletics program.
The successful applicant must be knowledgeable of and follow all university, conference and NCAA rules and regulations. The assistant coach will be responsible for teaching basketball student-athletes a variety of tasks such as:
• Individual skills and techniques associated with basketball.
• Game tactics associated with basketball.
• Proper nutrition needed for participation in college athletics.
• Proper techniques in strength and conditioning training.
• Effective time management strategies for balancing academic and athletic team demands.
• Instruct team captains in leadership strategies.
• Instruct, monitor, counsel and assist student-athletes to make sure they meet satisfactory progress and eligibility rules.
• Recruit prospective student-athletes capable of graduating from our institution and will assist with scheduling conflicts, keeping missed class time to a minimum.
• Will be responsible for the academic performance of the student-athletes in their academic programs by monitoring class attendance, study/tutoring sessions, and assisting with academic advisors, when necessary.
• Must be able to demonstrate the ability to effectively use the available technology to recruit student-athletes, build relationships with recruits and parents and be able to communicate with all constituents impacted by the program.
• Knowledge of coaching tactics and techniques.
Experience as a collegiate assistant or high school head coach.
• Ability to motivate student-athletes.
• Ability to prioritize practice plans, recruiting and in game
• Demonstrated ability to use computer programs.
• Ability to recruit student athletes.
• Well developed interpersonal communication skills to deal with recruits and their parents.
• Demonstrate the ability to effectively use the Internet.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the head coach.
Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
High School head coach or collegiate coaching experience.
Any applicant to Saint Leo University must be mindful of the core values, mission and vision that guide the university in all decisions.
Graduates from Division II institutions are preferred.
Successful collegiate coaching background.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.