Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 5/14/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The Video Conference Technical Support Services Technician provides technical assistance and support in conjunction with the operation of the University’s Video Teaching and Teleconferencing (VTT) systems.
The successful candidate supports the operation of the VTT program by providing facilitation services, end-user support, participating site coordination, communication, equipment configuration, and operational documentation.
This position requires evening hours Monday through Friday 5pm-10:30pm and Saturdays 8am-2pm.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Configure and test VTT components for optimal operation.
• Conduct comprehensive scheduled testing of VTT equipment.
• Conduct and/or coordinate necessary repairs to VTT equipment such as installation of updates, patches, and bug fixes to VTT equipment.
• Record VTT sessions and make available through websites, CDs or other forms of delivery.
• Install and ensure technical and physical security mechanisms are adequate and operational.
• Develop and update technical documentation as necessary.
• Monitor network throughout and coordinate VTT equipment configuration with SLU network staff.
• Provide technical assistance and support to faculty in the use of VTT equipment.
• Coordinate additional services with equipment manufacturers and third-party service providers.
SECONDARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Submit weekly reports on system utilization, repairs and other related operational issues.
• Maintain inventory of VTT equipment.
• Other duties as assigned by the Manager of Video Conferencing and Center Director
• HS diploma or equivalent
• Experience with Polycom or Tandberg videoconferencing systems preferred. Strong knowledge of data networking and telecommunications principles are helpful.
• 1+ years hands-on experience in implementation and trouble-shooting of networking, telecommunications, and multimedia systems.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.