Detailed Job Description
Human Resources provides Bentley faculty and staff with services and solutions in recruitment, employment, compensation, benefits, employee relations, policy development and interpretation, learning and development, labor relations, strategic organizational restructuring, change management and human resources information systems. Our work in these areas aligns with the University's mission and goals, helping Bentley make sound and strategic decisions about human resources while ensuring that all employees are treated with dignity and respect.
As Director of Talent Management you will direct and manage all aspects of staff talent management (TM) to ensure the recruitment and retention of the human capital and talent needed to meet the current and future needs of Bentley.
Your functional areas of responsibility include workforce planning, recruitment, onboarding, learning and development, performance management, employee/labor relations, and organizational design.
You will ensure that all TM activities are in support of the university's strategic need to develop and maintain a diverse workforce. Act as HR business partner for designated units. Oversee immigration needs for international faculty and staff, working with outside counsel to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations and timely receipt of necessary visas.
Additional Description of Duties:
* Manage ongoing collaboration with VP's and hiring managers to align workforce skills and organizational structure with university strategy and business needs. Analyze external market and trends to assess Bentley's ability to find and develop the talent needed to meet its business needs and long term goals. Oversee recruitment function to ensure timely and accurate posting of vacancies and new jobs; the development of high quality, diverse applicant pools; and the selection of best in class employees.
* Manage business partner function to develop and implement an approach to employee/labor relations that positions Bentley as an employer of choice, treats employees with respect, maintains morale, and manages legal risk to the university. Provide organizational design support to ensure a workforce structure that meets the university's business needs and contributes to the achievement of the university's strategic plan. Work collaboratively and creatively with HR Operations team to develop and implement work processes to ensure timely, accurate, and efficient work flow across all HR functions.
* Responsible for evaluating, assessing and managing the performance management process, recommending and implementing changes to the structure, tools, timing and content of the process. Manage the semi-annual performance management process, ensuring adequate training for employees and managers and overall participation in the process.
Learning and Development:
* Develop and manage learning development programs. Identify skill gaps and development needs to inform development of programs.
* Oversee immigration for faculty visas; manage legal budget for immigration matters.
Minimum of 5-7 years of increasing responsibility in HR. Bachelor's Degree or above preferably in Organization Development, Human Resources, Psychology, Business Administration or a related field.
Knowledge of major employment laws (Title VII, ADA, ADEA, FMLA, FLSA, affirmative action, etc.).
Ability to think creatively and plan in the context of institutional goals.
Superior problem-solving and decision-making skills.
Ability to clarify and provide structure to complex issues.
Demonstrated counseling, persuasion, and negotiation skills.
Experience dealing with a diverse workforce at all levels of the organization.
Strong intercultural communication skills required.
Ability to persuade and effectuate change.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Bentley University requires reference checks and may conduct other pre-employment screening.
Bentley University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, building strength through diversity.