Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 5/18/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The Human Resources (HR) Specialist position will be responsible for confidential administrative functions for the Vice President, Human Resources and Risk Management under the direction of a HR Manager. This position will coordinate, compile, review and prioritize HR processes. In addition, this position will provide support for HR administration, metrics, accommodations, negotiations, legal matters, Board, President’s Cabinet and State HR matters, as well as develop and maintain policies, procedures, and forms.
1. Confidential functions for Human Resources and Risk Management. Includes drafting correspondence, meeting and travel preparation, organization and filing and research.
2. HR Department Administration-be knowledgeable of all HR processes. Includes drafting confidential policies and procedures, researching and recommending proposals and presentations for compensation, negotiations, organizational structures and staffing. Stay current with statutory and regulatory requirements.
3. Recruitment-be knowledgeable of and able to carry out recruitment processes including coordinating and advising Collegewide committees to achieve desired outcomes.
4. New Hire Processing-be knowledgeable of and able to create and implement new employee Onboarding processes to achieve recruitment and retention outcomes including data entry of new hires into the PeopleSoft system.
5. Collegewide Staff requests-be knowledgeable of and able to complete, implement, respond, provide counsel and advice in regard to Collegewide Staff requests including development of solutions as needed.
6. Employee Relations-be knowledgeable of and able to assist in research, analysis, preparation of confidential negotiation processes including Board and Cabinet preparation.
7. Shell Lake Office Administration – be knowledgeable and able to coordinate and support functions to ensure efficient Shell Lake Office operations.
8. Other duties as assigned.
1. Two years related post-secondary training OR four years related work experience OR a combination of education and work experience totaling four years. Preference will be given to candidates with an Associate Degree or higher in Human Resources or related area.
2. A minimum of two years prior human resources related work experience involving extensive customer service, legal, administrative functions, public contact, confidentiality, business and technology.
3. Professional verbal and written communications and accounting and business acumen.
4. Ability to plan, organize and effectively present ideas and concepts in electronic or face-to-face formats.
5. Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the use of accounting and financial systems.
6. Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet software, PowerPoint, etc.
7. Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment and perform and maintain high level confidential tasks. Experience with legal documents a plus.
8. Essential to have college-level math and communication skills.
9. Knowledge of and experience with HR processes and systems and competencies a plus.
Management Grade 5
Your application will be considered complete when we have received a completed online application, a cover letter addressing all of the qualifications for this position, a resume, and original or copies of official or unofficial college transcripts. If you have noted an educational degree on your application, WITC requests transcripts to support your degree. Official transcripts are required prior to an offer of employment.
Please mail transcripts, if unable to scan, to Human Resources:
505 Pine Ridge Drive
Shell Lake WI 54871
WITC is an Equal Opportunity/Access Employer and Educator.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.