Detailed Job Description
The Assistant Vice President of Graduate Recruitment and Enrollment is responsible for the development and implementation of recruitment and enrollment strategies necessary to attain annual graduate enrollment and net revenue goals. The responsibilities include providing market data and other research aimed at the graduate market and for support to curriculum/ program development; analyzing the impact of various delivery models of programs, and working collaboratively across campus with key constituencies such as the provost, deans and graduate coordinators, the international center staff, financial aid, registrar, and others to insure that recruitment, admission and enrollment processes meet enrollment and net revenue goals along with the needs of graduate student groups.
- Responsible for meeting and/or exceeding new and continuing graduate student enrollment and net revenue goals.
- Inform pricing and financial aid strategies that generate new and continuing student enrollment and improve retention of graduate students.
- Development, implement and evaluate the overall graduate recruitment and enrollment plans.
- Participate on the Enrollment Management Leadership Team and contribute to the evaluation, development and implementation of marketing, recruitment, enrollment, retention and financial aid strategies for graduate students.
- Maintain and communicate awareness and understanding of competition and external factors affecting graduate student recruitment, enrollment, and financial aid and pricing strategies.
- Contribute to the research and market demand analyses for existing and potential new graduate programs.
- Supervise and evaluate staff as it relates to implementation of recruitment and enrollment plans for all assigned programs: inquiry generation and management, application management, recruitment event participation, special events, interviewing prospects and applicants, etc.
- Align department organizational structure by graduate program(s) to ensure active involvement in developing the enrollment goals and recruitment strategies for assigned programs. Assigns and monitors performance targets of staff to program enrollment goals.
- Collaborate with the College's marketing staff to develop, implement and evaluate electronic, print marketing and advertising efforts designed to generate interest and enrollment in graduate programs.
- Collect, maintain and analyze data related to graduate student lead generation, recruitment, admission, enrollment, financial aid and net revenue using tolls as databases, report generators, word processing, electronic mail, CRM products, social media, spreadsheets and electronic presentations.
- Develop and implement the department's electronic recruiting methods via social media venues and web-based outreach.
- Provide information about lead generation, admission, enrollment and pricing strategies to the College's Graduate Academic Committee (GAC).
- In partnership with the School of Education, oversee the application completion and processing for programs offered in collaboration with external partners, i.e., CITE, TEI, Jenmarc, etc.
- Oversee and manage the department budget.
- Plan, organize and oversee the annual cycle of outreach travel activities, college fair, event coverage for both recruiting and yield events for graduate students.
- Develop, implement and evaluate communication and service strategies related to lead generation, recruitment, admission and enrollment of graduate students.
- Effectively use CRM and data transfer tools and systems to support the recruitment and enrollment of graduate students.
- Other duties as assigned.
About The College of Saint Rose:
- Master's Degree required
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in college admissions and recruitment.
- Proven experience in the management of lead generation, graduate recruitment activities, admission and other related graduate enrollment activities.
- Strong experience implementing social media and web-based advertising and outreach for recruitment, enrollment and retention purposes.
- Knowledge of financial aid and pricing strategies that generate and support enrollment and retention of graduate students.
- Computer skills using a Windows based operating system, specifically MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet.
- Experience and knowledge of enrollment management systems and Customer Relation Management (CRM) tools (i.e.; Nolij, Hobson's, SCT Banner).
- Proven experience recruiting geographically, socioeconomically and ethnically diverse classes
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills including the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of constituents including students, parents, faculty, staff, and senior management.
- Experience working effectively in a fast-paced environment with quickly changing priorities.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to set priorities and organize tasks, documents and materials efficiently.
- Ability to think and act creatively, strategically and collaboratively.
- Ability to articulate the unique mission of The College of Saint Rose to various audiences.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
The College of Saint Rose is a dynamic, comprehensive college of about 4,500 students. Located in the city of Albany, the heart of New York State's Capital District, the College is a private, independent, coeducational institution, sponsored by the Sisters of Saint Joseph of Carondelet. Through a strong liberal education curriculum and progressive academic programs, Saint Rose serves traditional students and working professionals in undergraduate, graduate degree and certificate programs.
The College of Saint Rose is an award winning employer. We are a 7 time recipient of the Chronicle of Higher Education's prestigious "GREAT COLLEGES TO WORK FOR award, and have been recognized by the Capital District Business Review and the Times Union as a top workplace . Our employees enjoy a close-knit community based on the values of honesty, trust, respect, fairness, responsibility and the free exchange of ideas.
This position requires flexibility of schedule to include frequent travel as well as evening and weekend hours to support Enrollment Management student conversion events.
A competitive salary and comprehensive health and dental benefits, generous time off, a tuition remission plan to further enhance your knowledge and skills, retirement plans through TIAA-CREF, and wellness programs including the use of our extensive fitness center.
The College of Saint Rose values diversity and abides by federal, state and local law in admissions, employment and all services and programs provided. It does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion/creed, disability, age, national/ethnic origin, sexual orientation or any other condition established by law.
For additional information and application instructions, log on to our website at
and open a College of Saint Rose Employment Account today!