Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 6/12/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Job ID: 696. The Psychologist/Counselor and Prevention Specialist (1) performs the duties of a psychologist/counselor, providing clinical services to students and consultation services to faculty and staff; and (2) takes a lead role in developing and implementing mental health prevention and educational programming within a public health model to the university community.
Reports to: Director, Student Counseling Service
Provides clinical mental health services, including triage and other assessment interventions, and individual and group counseling and psychotherapy to Miami University students presenting a wide range of mental health concerns.
· Intervenes in crisis and emergency situations of a mental health nature with students, including after hours on-call responsibilities.
· Consults with faculty, staff and other professionals regarding the mental health needs of students.
· Initiates and responds to requests to provide psycho-educational programming to various groups within the university community.
· Provides clinical supervision and training of staff, psychology interns, and other trainees commensurate with the psychologist/counselor’s licensure status.
· Maintains clinical records and provides clinical documentation and communication with in-house and external practitioners as necessary for ethical clinical treatment.
· Attends and participates in clinical staff meetings and consultations.
· Assumes responsibility for other assignments including serving on divisional and university committees.
· Provides expertise and vision in the on-going development of the SCS public health model approach to mental health hygiene and prevention, with a special focus on primary prevention activities and suicide prevention.
· Works closely with the Assistant Director for Programming and Outreach in implementing the larger SCS programming prevention goals, including, but not limited to, gatekeeper training programming and other early intervention activities.
· Provides expertise and assistance in developing and implementing social media activity in support of prevention goals.
· Provides support and assistance to help shape and implement liaison activity between the SCS and other university departments, e.g. Greek Life, Office of Residence Life, Inter-Collegiate Athletics, Office of Student Wellness, etc. related to mental health hygiene and prevention programming.
· Provides support to, and works cooperatively with, other SCS staff to ensure the effective mass communication of information re: SCS services, including, but not limited to, mass mailings, maintaining adequate supplies of relevant brochures and other educational materials.
The Psychologist/Counselor and Prevention Specialist has earned a Masters degree minimum in a relevant mental health discipline and has earned, or is in the process of earning, independent licensure in the professional’s discipline in the State of Ohio.
An earned Ph.D. in Psychology plus training and/or experience providing mental health services to university students within a university-based mental health department.
Miami University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with smoke- and tobacco-free campuses, is committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.