Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 6/15/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Job ID: 695. The Case Manager/ Mental Health Counselor (1) performs the duties of a staff counselor, providing triage and other clinical services to students and consultation services to faculty and staff, and (2) provides mental health case management services, including (but not limited to) coordinating services to students in need of assistance from other university departments (e.g. Dean of Students Office) and/or community resources, maintaining a database of resources, and tracking and following-up on referrals made.
Reports to: Director, Student Counseling Service.
1. Provides multi-culturally informed counseling services, including general mental health, substance use, and attention problem initial evaluations and individual and group counseling and psychotherapy to Miami University students presenting a wide range of mental health concerns.
2. Intervenes in crisis and emergency situations of a mental health nature with students, including after hours on-call responsibilities.
3. Consults with faculty, staff and other professionals regarding the mental health needs of students.
4. Responds to requests to provide psycho-educational programming to various groups within the university community.
5. Provides training of staff, psychology interns within the SCS’ APA-accredited psychology internship training program, and other trainees such as doctoral and masters level students from Miami’s APA-accredited Clinical Psychology Training Program, commensurate with the staff member’s licensure status.
6. Maintains clinical records and provides clinical documentation and communication with external practitioners as necessary for ethical clinical treatment.
7. Attends and participates in clinical staff meetings and consultations.
8. Assumes responsibility for other assignments including serving on divisional and university committees, e.g. the Care Team.
Special “Case Manager”
The Counselor/Clinical Case Manager provides mental health case management services, including (but not limited to) coordinating SCS services to students in need of assistance from other university departments and/or community resources. These responsibilities include:
1. Maintaining a database of local, regional, and national mental health resources across treatment modalities and insurance coverage;
2. Tracking and following-up on referrals between external university and community services and SCS;
3. Implementing and maintaining a system for collaborating with mental health providers in the community in order to facilitate referrals;
4. Creating treatment summaries, case histories and/or treatment goal descriptions to pass on to the receiving providers at the client's request; and
5. Providing consultation and follow-up with students trying to access services.
The Case Manager/ Mental Health Counselor has earned a minimum of a masters degree in an appropriate mental health training program (psychology, social work, mental health counseling, etc.) and is independently licensed or licensed eligible in Ohio within psychology, social work, or counseling.
Training and/or experience providing mental health services to a university student population within a university-based mental health unit.
Miami University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with smoke- and tobacco-free campuses, is committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.