Detailed Job Description
Performs various procurement related activities and assignments requiring professional judgment, integrity, and ingenuity. Under limited supervision, procures services, supplies and equipment necessary for the daily operations of the College.
Essential Job Functions
1. Reports directly to the Director of Procurement all daily purchasing activities and workloads.
2. Ensure that all procurements are made pursuant to the College's policy and procedures.
3. Review, analyze and process requisitions, quotations, and on-line electronic purchase orders.
4. Prepare, Solicit and evaluate competitive quotations for commodities and services in accordance with policy and procedures.
5. Review sole source and emergency purchase requests from departments, perform research and verification.
6. Perform research and analyze pricing on State of Florida, GSA, cooperative and other governmental agency contracts.
7. Negotiates single source and/or exempt procurements in accordance with policy and procedures.
8. Assist in the development of specifications and scope of work for Solicitations. Process Invitation to Bid, Request for Proposals, and Invitation to Negotiate, including project addenda.
9. Prepares and coordinates legal advertisement, correspondence, and draft award agendas.
10. Conducts pre-solicitation conferences, public bid openings, and evaluation committee meetings.
11. Prepares bid tabulations and performs bid analysis to evaluate responses to determine the most responsive and responsible submittal.
12. Preparation of contract award documents, vendor notifications, related amendments, renewals or terminations.
13. Maintain contract files, process contract renewals, and verify documents are entered into the contract management system.
14. Investigates questions raised by vendors and departments to facilitate satisfactory issue resolution.
15. Coordinate and support the College's sustainability program as it relates to Green procurement specifications.
16. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Graduation from High School required. Associate's Degree (Preferred) in Business or a related field from a regionally accredited institution.
2. Professional procurement certification, CPPB, preferred.
3. Experience in public purchasing or a related field.
4. Experience with computers and Microsoft Products, Word and Excel;
5. A demonstrated commitment to diversity.
Knowledge Skills Abilities
1. Knowledge of the principles and practices of public purchasing, including related laws and regulations.
2. Knowledge of grades, qualities, supply sources, and market factors affecting supplies.
3. Knowledge of mathematical principals as they relate to procurement including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, decimal and percentage calculations.
4. Skill in communicating effectively, orally and in writing.
5. Skill in the use of personal computers and general office software.
6. Ability to follow oral and written directions and interact with others.
7. Ability to research using the Internet as well as placing online orders.
8. Ability to analyze complex problems and make independent judgments.
9. Ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously, while meeting deadlines.
10. Ability to establish and maintain effective relations with College employees, suppliers and other members of the public with whom contacts are essential.
11. Ability to work effectively in a diverse community and meet the needs of a diverse student/faculty/staff population.
12. Must be able to perform all of the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
$34,459 per year
Equal Employment and Preference-Eligibility
Valencia College provides equal opportunity for equal opportunity for employment and educational services to all individuals as it relates to admission to the College or to programs, any aid, benefit, or service to students or wages and other terms, conditions or privileges of employment, without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information and any other factor prohibited under applicable federal, state, and local civil rights laws, rules and regulations.
Valencia College extends preference in employment for eligible veterans in accordance to Florida State Statute 295.07.
Please press the apply button in the task box on the right column of this page to proceed and be redirected to the position announcement for this position on Valencia College’s website.