Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 2/2/2013.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Posting Title : PROGRAM COORDINATOR - Tisch College
Requisition Number : 1417
City : Medford
State/Province : Massachusetts
Zip code : 02155
Job Description-Overview :
This is a part-time position, 18 hours per week with an anticipated weekly schedule of Monday-Thursday 9:00am-1:30pm.
The Jonathan M. Tisch College of Citizenship and Public Service prepares Tufts students to become engaged public citizens and community leaders who will help build a more equitable world. Tisch College works across the whole of Tufts University to engage Tufts students in meaningful community building and public service experiences, explore personal commitments to civic participation, and take on active and effective roles in public life, to engage faculty in civic engagement research and teaching, and to link university assets to addressing community needs.
The Lincoln Filene Center for Community Partnerships (LFC), a program of the Tisch College of Citizenship and Public Service, facilitates campus and community partnerships across many Tufts schools. The LFC organizes programs and resources to build the capacity of community partners, faculty and staff to engage in effective partnerships in the host communities of Medford, Somerville and Boston.
The Program Coordinator coordinates a wide range of programming and administrative services in collaboration with and in support of the Director of the Lincoln Filene Center. The Program Coordinator handles or directs all external community requests for advice, information or assistance properly and efficiently and with the required tact and professionalism. The Program Coordinator provides exceptional customer service and builds relationships.
The Program Coordinator will:
* Update LFC web resources, including the website and Campus2Community TRUNK page, and maintain daily LFC Twitter. Document activities and outcomes of LFC work. Maintain and update LFC outreach lists and other databases.
* Provide administrative support to the LFC Director.
* Assist LFC Director to sustain and expand community outreach and community-based partnerships in Medford, Somerville and Boston, with a special focus on Boston’s Chinatown community.
* Advise students or organizations on initiating service projects, such as The College Access Mentoring Initiative (CAMI), and others.
* Work with LFC Director to plan and organize the Tufts Presidential Symposium, Community Partners Appreciation Breakfast, professional development workshops, and other programs.
* Work with and support Tisch College Student Programs staff as opportunities arise.
* Work as a member of the Tisch College administrative team.
Job Description - Requirements :
* Bachelor's degree
* Two (2) years of related experience
* Strong PC skills including demonstrated expertise in using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and social media sites
* Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
* Must possess superior judgment and discretion in handling stakeholder relationships, keen attention to detail, ability to follow through, and strong organizational aptitude, as well as superb skills in oral and written communication, planning and organization.
* Must have professional demeanor and appearance and possess cross-cultural sensitivity.
* The position requires previous office and event planning experience and ability to work as a committed team member and have a willingness to help out where and when needed.
* Candidate must also be very detail-oriented, with the ability to handle multiple assignments concurrently and to work independently, efficiently and accurately within deadlines
* A self-starter with the ability to work as a team player; possess a positive working attitude, excellent prioritization, problem-solving and decision-making skills; confidentiality, tact, patience, willingness to help and diplomacy are critical features of this position.
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
* This is a part-time position, 18 hours per week with an anticipated weekly schedule of Monday-Thursday 9:00am-1:30pm. Occasional evening and weekend work is required.
Tufts University is an AA/EO employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds.
Apply here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/zx2chrw
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.