Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 8/24/2012.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
FULL-TIME WEB DEVELOPER/DESIGNER: (Marketing Communications) 37.5 hours per weeks (Non-Unit Professional Position) Anticipated start date: September, 2012.
Northern Essex Community College has an opening for a full-time Web Developer/Designer. This position is responsible for the day-to-day front-end development responsibilities in support of the college’s public website, intranet, and student/staff portal. The Web Developer/Designer reports to the Director of Online Communications and works collaboratively with the Web Content Manager and Web Content Assistant in support of the college’s core marketing communication objectives (enrollment, retention, engagement, image building, development, etc.). The Web Developer/Designer needs to have strong coding/development experience, a solid understanding of UX and UI principles, and an ability to work closely with the college’s back-end web development/administration team. This position is centered in the Marketing Communications department, with the focus of advancing the college’s external and internal communication objectives via the institution’s website.
• Provide the development and coding expertise needed to insure that all web-based design, usability, and functionality objectives are supported and maintained
• Develop a deliverability testing protocol that insures that all institutional web pages display properly on various browsers and mobile devices
• Work collaboratively with the college’s Web Content Manager and Web Content Assistant to maintain the website’s information architecture, functionality, and brand integration strategies
• Collaborate, as needed, with the MIS back-end web development/administration team
• Provide development support for all site architecture, design, functionality, and accessibility initiatives based on a commitment to continuously improving the ‘user experience’
• Assist in the training of ‘de-centralized’ content/department editors throughout the college in WordPress and document handling
• Assist in maintaining the website’s accessibility standards
• Assist in the generation of analytics data
• Assist in the maintenance of an SEO/metadata strategy for the college’s public site and online information repository
• Associates degree (Bachelors preferred) in a related field with a minimum of three years of relevant web development and design experience
• Experience working with a content management system, WordPress site development experience preferred
• Ability to hand-code standards compliant html and css and troubleshoot invalid code and display issues
• Strong knowledge of SEO/metadata protocol and strategies
• Strong knowledge of fundamental UX and UI principles and experience applying these principles in the development of professional websites
• Working knowledge of PHP
• Experience optimizing media and content for web viewing
• Knowledge of ADA regulations and how they apply to public higher education websites
• Strong graphic design/visual identity skills, and experience developing professional web graphics using Photoshop
• Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills
Salary: $44,873.00 with complete fringe benefit package.
Deadline Date: August 24, 2012
Note: Is your spouse, parent, brother, sister or child or spouse of your parent, brother, sister or child, an employee of the state of Massachusetts? (If you answered Yes, please add a document along with your cover letter and resume listing the name(s) of any state employee who is your spouse, parent, brother, sister or child or spouse of your parent, brother, sister or child, and indicate their relationship to you. Please also list the state agency that employs those relatives.
NECC is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer
Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.