Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 5/29/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Teaches a wide range of courses in Journalism and Mass Communications.
• Prepares and delivers lectures to students on various topics in relation to a specific discipline
• Evaluates and grades students’ class work, laboratory work, assignments and papers
• Prepares course materials such as syllabi, homework assignments and handouts
• Keeps abreast of developments in the field by reading current literature, speaking with colleagues and participating in professional conferences
• Maintains student attendance records, grades and other required records
• Initiates, facilitates and moderates classroom discussions
• As needed, advises students on academic and vocational curricula and on career issues
• Plans, evaluates and revises curricula, course content and course materials and methods of instruction
• Compiles, administers and grades examinations
• Collaborates with colleagues to address teaching and research issues
• Maintains regularly scheduled office hours to advise and assist students
• Selects and obtains materials and supplies such as textbooks and laboratory equipment
• Serves on academic or administrative committees that deal with institutional polices, department matters and academic issues
• Participates in campus and community events
• Master’s Degree in Journalism/Mass Communications or related field
• Minimum of 5 years recent professional experience in the journalism field
• Professional experience with news writing, social media, and mass communication styles
• Demonstrated experience in the use of instructional technologies to teach traditional, hybrid and/or distance learning classes, and /or as a supplement
• Proficient in basic skills for Microsoft Office Applications (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
• Teaching experience
• Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for students
• Advanced communication (verbal, written and interpersonal) and organizational skills
• Logic and reasoning skills to identify solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
• Sensitivity to respond appropriately to the needs of a diverse population
• Demonstrated teaching experience in higher education Experience in curriculum development, program design and web delivery
• Professional affiliations
• Ability to anticipate changes in market discipline
• Excellence in teaching and facilitating the learning process for students, learning and using new technology, and applying diverse instructional strategies in response to using new technology, and applying diverse instructional strategies in response to learner demographics and learning styles.
Classes are assigned, beginning Spring 2016. Ability to work a combination of days/evenings/weekends is required. Assignments may include working at multiple sites/campuses.
The following documents must be attached to your on-line employment application:
1) Current resume
2) A cover letter
3) A one-page statement explaining how you promote student learning and achievement
4) Scanned copies of your transcript (original, unofficial, or photocopy) for the required degree and copies of required licenses/certifications. Please indicate your current name of the transcript if it differs from the name on the transcript.
Applicants selected for interview must provide official transcripts for the required degree at the time of interview.
Please note that the required degree must be conferred/completed prior to submission of your application.
Please DO NOT include other transcripts or documents not requested such as letters of reference or past evaluations; only the transcript and required licenses/certifications will be forwarded to the search committee. No faxed transcripts, licenses, or certifications will be accepted.
During the application process, you may be required to attach a cover letter and/or resume. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to be attached electronically to the online application. This system accepts only MS Word or PDF attachments. Any employment with the College is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and drug screen.
Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a qualified and diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.