Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 10/21/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Job ID: 2015-8404
Campus: Cardozo-5th Ave & 12th St
Employee Classification: Exempt
Department: Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law
Position Type: Regular Full-Time
Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, founded in 1976 and named for an eminent Supreme Court Justice, is now firmly established as an international and national leader in legal education. The School’s curriculum balances rigorous scholarship and research with experiential learning opportunities which include extensive clinical programs. Given its prime location in the heart of NYC’s Greenwich Village, Cardozo also offers a vibrant learning environment, with significant opportunities for students to gain legal experience through internships and summer positions with a broad array of legal employers.
The University offers an excellent compensation package, and a broad range of employee benefit plans, including immediate participation in the University’s retirement plan. Staff members are typically eligible for four weeks paid vacation each year and a shuttle to nearby subway locations.
The Assistant Director engages in extensive one-on-one career counseling for students, including LL.M. students and alumni, and assists in developing programming to enhance career building skills. He/She should be equally adept at initiating and developing relationships with legal employers, including firms, corporations and government offices in order to increase internship and permanent employment opportunities for students and alumni.
* Regularly collaborate with faculty, administration and alumni on employment initiatives
* Collaborate with Office of Career Services and other departments throughout the University to organize career related programming
* Match student and alumni candidates with appropriate legal employers based on experience, achievements, and personalities
* Attend networking events at area bar associations and the law school
* Create practice area specific lists of employers for use in student and alumni targeted mailings
* Help collect and report data relating to new graduate employment
* Counsel JD and LLM students, and alumni on job search strategies and career development
* Conduct workshops and individual sessions on resume writing, interviewing and networking
* Organize and present panel discussions and other programs on career-related topics
* Assist in administering various programs including OCI and certain credited internship programs
* Conduct outreach to potential employers
* Serve as the primary point person for LLM advising
* Assist in developing career-related resources for students and alumni
* Handle other assorted duties and responsibilities as needed
Experience and Educational Background:
* 3-5 years prior related experience
* J.D. required; some legal practice strongly preferred
* Some counseling or recruitment related experience strongly preferred
* Required skills and experience include legal practice, counseling or recruitment related experience, management experience, and a commercial understanding of the legal market
Skills and Competencies:
* Must possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills, as well as technological expertise in desktop software
* Speaks clearly and expresses self well in one-on-one conversations and groups
* Develops effective written communications and uses them appropriately
* Interacts and proactively shares information with internal and external contacts where appropriate
* Develops effective relationships with peers, students and employees
* Assumes responsibility to ensure issues/concerns will be addressed and monitors them through conclusion
* Identifies, defines and analyzes information and situations before recommending a course of action
* Effectively manages own time and resources
* Seeks to apply technology and innovation to improve efficiency and solve problems
* Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills are a must
Yeshiva University is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/x92wrgp
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.