Detailed Job Description
Adler University is seeking to fill a full-time core faculty position in the Master of Arts in Counseling: Art Therapy Department. Candidates must be willing to align with the University’s mission and values, which train socially responsible practitioners, engaging communities and advancing social justice.
We seek faculty, who can contribute to diversity and equal opportunity in higher education through their teaching, service, advising and mentorship. A few of the Principal Responsibilities are listed below:
- Includes 18 credit hour teaching load per year
- Advise and mentor 25+ graduate students
- Support institutional and department initiatives and activities
- Participate in required meetings and committee assignments
- Participate in scheduled Admission Open Houses and Interview Days throughout the year
- Work with the Adler Student Art Therapy Association board members to coordinate, moderate, and facilitate all activities and off campus events.
- To work with the Master of Arts in Counseling Art Therapy core faculty members regarding all departmental requirements, including scheduling courses, working with adjunct faculty, reviewing and updating all curriculum.
• Psy.D or Ph.D in Mental Health or related field
• Must be a licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC) or possess a related master level or doctoral license
• Must be a Registered Art Therapist (ATR)
• A minimum of 5 years of post-graduate teaching and clinical experience providing services in psychology, art therapy, and counseling services to various populations.
• Knowledge of Adlerian Theory/Individual Psychology
• Preference will be given to those with expertise in teaching, psychology, counseling, art therapy, the arts, social justice, and arts advocacy.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to collaborate with students, faculty and staff
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applicants should submit electronically a curriculum vita, three professional references and a letter of interest. After an offer of employment official transcripts and letters of recommendation will be required. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Adler University that all persons are entitled to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) protection. Adler University does not discriminate against any individual for employment because of age, religion, race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status (including unfavorable discharge from the military), or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. Adler University is the leading academic institution advancing socially responsible practice, healthy communities, and a more just society. Adler University was founded on an important idea: Our health resides in our community life and connections. This is what drives our groundbreaking curricula and commitment to social responsibility, from our campuses in downtown Chicago and Vancouver and through Adler Online. We work with those courageous enough to want to change the world. Our doctoral and master's programs—many of them nationally recognized in fast-growing fields—prepare students to lead social change in the fields of psychology and mental health, criminal justice and public safety, business, public policy, and advocacy. We are committed to quality through continuous process improvement and personal accountability. As a result, we seek professionals, who embrace life-long learning, present proactive solutions and drive results to support social responsibility from the classroom to the community.