Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 5/20/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
San Juan College is currently seeking to fill 2 Human Resource Generalist positions.
Both positions will assist in all functions within the Human Resources Department. These positions will report directly to the Executive Director of Human Resources.
San Juan College is committed to serving the needs of our students through a process of continuous quality improvement. We uphold and affirm the following iCARE values:
• Assists with employee recruitment activities; assists hiring supervisors in the development of job descriptions and announcements; ensures compliance with accreditation standards; manages the collection and review of applications; processes billing.
• Travels to recruit new faculty and staff; places advertisements; coordinates interviews.
• Assists in the administration of benefits and compensation; resolves employee benefits issues; enrolls new employees; resolves billing or data errors.
• Schedules and conducts new employee orientation.
• Coordinates training for compliance and employee development.
• Assists with reclassification reviews and compensation surveys.
• Develops, administers and executes the criminal background check process; develops and implements internal processes; administers quarterly audits to ensure compliance.
• Administers special projects as directed by the Human Resources Director.
• Performs related duties.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
• Knowledge of employee benefits administration principles.
• Knowledge of employee recruitment and hiring principles and regulations.
• Knowledge of federal and state employment laws.
• Knowledge of college policies and procedures.
• Skill in the operation of computers and job related software programs.
• Skill in decision making and problem solving.
• Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public.
• Skill in oral and written communication.
• Skill in working effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
The Director assigns work in terms of general instructions. The supervisor spot-checks completed work for compliance with procedures, accuracy, and the nature and compliance of the final results.
Guidelines include the Fair Labor Standards Act, Title VII and IX, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, the Fair Credit Reporting Act, other state and federal employment laws, board policy, the employee handbook, and college and department policies and procedures. These guidelines require judgment, selection, and interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK
• The work consists of varied management and administrative duties. Frequent interruptions contribute to the complexity of the position.
• The purpose of this position is to provide support for the college’s human resources operations. Success in this position contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of those operations.
• Contacts are typically with co-workers, other college personnel, faculty, staff, students, other human resources professionals, job applicants, and members of the general public.
• Contacts are typically to give or exchange information, to resolve problems, or to provide services.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
• The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or table. The employee occasionally lifts light objects.
• The work is typically performed in an office.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.