Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 8/17/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Job ID: 672. Instant Replay Technician-Sideline is responsible for taking game feed and capturing short segments for instant replay.
This position specifically supports the mission of the University and the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics by assisting in institutional compliance with NCAA and Conference rules and regulations.
- Works closely with television and video operations personnel to monitor video replay for varsity athletic events
- Keeps accurate record of infractions, scoring, and event issues using replay software.
- Reviews and provides video clips to officials, team personnel, and conference personnel as needed.
- Ability to attend all trainings and pre-event meetings.
- Must be available for the majority of Miami home athletic events. (Includes nights, weekends, and holidays)
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Must be able to follow a timeline and be alert at all times during events.
- Excellent communication skills and must be able to communicate effectively with sport officials.
- Basic technical knowledge of computer software and video software.
- Basic understanding of Ice Hockey, Men's and Women's Basketball and/or Football rules and infractions.
- High school diploma or equivalent
Prior experience with Instant Replay
Prior use of Xos digital and DV sport replay systems
Proficiency in computer software, video editing and technical expertise
Strong understanding of Ice hockey, Men's and Women's Basketball and/or Football rules and infractions including official's signals and terminology.
Prior work in statistics
Prior experience officiating/coaching Ice Hockey, Men's and Women's Basketball and/or Football at the high school or collegiate level.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please send answers to the following questions to Stephanie Davis via email at email@example.com:
1. Have you previously worked as an Instant Replay Technician?
2. For which sports do you have a working knowledge?
3. Where did you gain your work experience, and at what level (high school, collegiate, or professional)?
4. Do you have previous experience with DVSport and XOS Digital systems?
Miami University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with smoke- and tobacco-free campuses, is committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.