Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 7/27/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Saint Leo University is one of the largest and most innovative Catholic universities in the United States. Saint Leo enrolls students at the traditional University Campus, at more than 40 education centers and offices, and through the Center for Online Learning. University-wide, Saint Leo enrolls students from 49 states, the District of Columbia, three U.S. territories, and 86 countries. Saint Leo University ranks as one of the nation’s leading providers of higher education for active duty military and veterans, and it is a nationally recognized leader in online education.
The Library Department is seeking qualified candidates for a full-time, tenure track faculty position at our main campus location in Saint Leo, FL.
This is a twelve (12) month, full-time faculty appointment.
Review of candidate materials begins immediately for anticipated start date of July or August 2015. To apply, submit letter of introduction documenting successful teaching experience; curriculum vitae; three letters of recommendation (all should be professional references and at least one from a recent superior); values statement (500 words or less) and teaching philosophy (500 words or less), which highlights how your teaching and administrative philosophy and practices fit the Mission and Values of Saint Leo University; official transcripts (including WES evaluation if from an international university).
Provides library instruction and Reference Desk support.
• Provides library instruction for course-related classes in collaboration with faculty.
• Assists in information literacy projects and instruction program as needed.
• Provides Reference Desk support for patrons.
• Prepares instructional videos/tutorials.
• Prepares LibGuides as indicated by students/faculty.
• Participates in professional continuing education.
• Assists in collection development by recommending library materials for purchase.
• Maintain awareness of Saint Leo’s academic curriculum, and regularly ascertains faculty needs
• Attend faculty meetings where appropriate.
• Participates in ongoing evaluation of library resources and services.
• Participates in and represents University functions, activities and organizations as appropriate.
• Participates in University community service.
• Maintains awareness of current developments in the library field.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Library Services.
• Proven knowledge of a wide range of print, electronic and Internet-based reference tools.
• Experience in bibliographic instruction (preferably academic)
• Demonstrated teaching ability (preferably academic)
• Evidence of awareness of current trends in librarianship, information technology, social media and instructional video.
• Evidence of awareness of information literacy.
• Knowledge of and interest in creative use of technology in library instruction.
• Educational background in the liberal arts and sciences or business.
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to work in a complex, team-based environment and with a diverse user group.
• Strong service orientation.
• Proven ability to maintain currency with new software releases and updates, including research databases and Microsoft Office.
• Flexibility-extensive travel and some night and weekend hours may be required.
Candidates must possess a Master’s degree in Library Science from an ALA-accredited institution.
A second Master’s degree in a subject field is preferred.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.