Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 6/10/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Job ID: 628. Duties include prevention, evaluation, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries to athletes (male and females) participating in Miami University Intercollegiate
Athletic program. Supervision of student athletic trainers in clinical and educational setting and possibly teaching courses in the athletic training curriculum. In addition, duties will include maintaining medical records, travel with specific teams, coverage of specific practices and home contest.
This position specifically supports the mission of the University and the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics by assisting in institutional compliance with NCAA and Conference rules and regulations.
Reports to: Director of Sports Medicine / Head Team Physician.
1. Supervise the scheduling of pre-participation physical examinations and health appraisals.
2. Prevention, evaluation, treatment and rehabilitation of athletic injuries under the direction of the Director or Sports Medicine and Team Physician.
3. Provide medical coverage for practices and contests as designated.
4. Supervise the medical coverage of teams as designated.
5. Provide medical coverage for home practices and contests as directed by the Director of Sports Medicine
6. Communicate the status of injured athletes to the Director of Sports Medicine and respective coaches, acting as a liaison between physician, athletes, coaches, and the Director of Sports Medicine.
7. Communicate and coordinate, with respective coaches, current health care standards and implementation of medical policies.
8. Assist in recruiting of prospective student trainers.
9. Assist in supervision of athletic training students in educational and clinical settings.
10. Maintain certification in the National Athletic Trainers' Association.
11. Maintain State of Ohio Licensure as an athletic trainer.
12. Assure that all appropriate NCAA rules and regulations are followed as they apply to the sports medicine program.
13. Participate in departmental activities, including service on committees and attendance at all scheduled meetings.
14. Participate in activities as requested by the Miami Red and White Club.
15. Perform other duties as assigned by the athletic administration.
• Certification by the National Trainers Association, meet qualifications to be licensed as an athletic trainer in the State of Ohio.
• Bachelor's Degree.
• Successful experience as an undergraduate student athletic trainer.
Master's Degree with experience in athletic training at the collegiate level.
Miami University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with smoke- and tobacco-free campuses, is committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.