Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 8/10/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Job ID: 588. The Research Associate is a member of the Prospect Research department within the University Advancement Division. The Research Associate reports directly to the Director of Prospect Research. The research unit assists with the division's fundraising efforts and alumni outreach programs by identifying and researching prospective donors and volunteers from Miami's constituency base. The scope of research tasks and duties is determined by the division vice president and director of advancement services.
* Research donors and prospective donors to determine gift potential and volunteer interests.
* Collaborate regularly with various Development staff members to provide timely and appropriate support for their managed prospect portfolios, including strategy, management and follow-up.
* Keep abreast of research methods and resources by attending training sessions and networking with other research professionals via organizational memberships, conferences, and electronic mailing lists focusing on prospect research and fundraising issues.
* Provide training on research-related issues to Development staff and others in University Advancement.
* Assist in departmental special projects as needed.
Bachelor's degree; Excellent written and oral communication skills. Computer literacy especially in relation to Windows 95, database systems, MS Office products (especially MS Word, MS Excel and MS Access), Lexis-Nexis, and other internet search tools.
One year related experience in research or development/alumni relations, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Miami University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with smoke- and tobacco-free campuses, is committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.