Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 6/7/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Job ID: 507. To administer men’s basketball program in accordance with the policies of Miami University, the Ohio Regional Campus Conference, and other appropriate governing bodies.
1. Demonstrate effective coaching skills and provide an environment that is conducive to the overall development of student athletes.
2. Know and comply with Ohio Regional Campus Conference league constitution and campus policies.
3. Establish and maintain good working relationships with campus personnel (i.e. admissions, financial aid, advising, etc.) in order to gain support, make referrals and provide better overall service to student athletes.
4. Assist in promoting sports programs to the community, scheduling of games, and monitoring student athletes’ academic progress.
5. Conduct and submit pre- and post-season inventory of equipment and uniforms; distribute and collect all uniforms and equipment.
6. Complete eligibility forms, grade release forms, team roster, facility request forms, physical exams and risk agreements prior to the first game of the season.
7. Report game scores and statistics immediately following every game to the local media contact persons.
8. Assist in hiring an assistant coach as necessary to assist with these responsibilities and provide supervision for this position.
1. 3-5 years' experience coaching at the college and/or high school level.
2. Ability to run successful practice sessions as well as proper game management.
1. Bachelor's Degree.
2. An understanding of the rules and policies of the NCAA.
3. Network of contacts in primary recruiting areas.
Miami University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with smoke- and tobacco-free campuses, is committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.