Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 7/16/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Job ID: 520. Responsible for administering the policies and procedures of Miami University's student conduct system. The associate director is charged with resolving student conduct issues involving undergraduate, graduate, professional students and student organizations on all campuses of Miami University. This position will adjudicate alleged violations of the student code of conduct, maintain a judicial data base and oversee the reporting of federal crime data and all statistical reports of university judicial actions. The associate director will assist in the coordination of judicial training for residence hall staff, university conduct boards, and administrative hearing officers. This position works closely with students, faculty, staff, administrators, Miami University Police and surrounding police agencies.
- Assist in the day to day operations of the university student conduct system including; serving as the primary contact for residential student conduct matters; assist with off-campus conduct matters, including study abroad programs and all campuses of Miami University; respond to inquiries from parents, faculty, and staff regarding conduct matters; assist in the development of administrative protocols and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal laws and mandates, including Clery, Title IX and Violence Against Women Act (VAWA); monitor sanction compliance for approximately 1,600 cases annually.
- Work collaboratively to create and present educational programs, including online programs and programs designed to increase community awareness of and adherence to university policies; design and facilitate training for students, faculty, staff and conduct board members.
- Assist in the supervision of classified and unclassified staff, graduate and practicum students, and student employees.
- Serve as an Administrative Hearing Officer for violations of the student code of conduct.
- Assist with the selection, training and advisement of all conduct hearing boards; provide administrative support to conduct boards; process student discipline information requests by internal and external officials.
- Responsible for all departmental public relations materials including the department website, various brochures and the editing and publishing of the Code of Student Conduct.
- Assist in the creation and assessment of annual learning outcomes and program goals; prepare and distribute various monthly, quarterly, and annual statistical reports.
- Serve on various committees at the divisional and/or university level such as the Student Affairs Assessment Committee.
- Fulfill additional responsibilities as dictated by student needs, divisional and organizational priorities.
Masters degree in College Student Personnel or related field;
- 5-8 years of progressive experience in Student Affairs/Student Life;
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills
- 3-5 years in a student conduct office;
- Advanced computer skills (experience with Windows, MacOS, and iOS devices); and
- Familiarity with judicial records software platforms and student databases (such as Banner) is strongly preferred
Miami University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with smoke- and tobacco-free campuses, is committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.