Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 4/30/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Job ID: 473. To serve as the Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach
This position specifically supports the mission of the University and the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics by assisting in institutional compliance with NCAA and Conference rules and regulations.
• Design and implement strength and conditioning programs for assigned teams (specifically men’s/women’s basketball)
• Assist the Director of Strength and Conditioning with the design and implementation of the football strength and conditioning program
• Maintain knowledge and ensure compliance with NCAA, MAC, NCHC and University rules and regulations that apply to the areas of strength and conditioning.
• Participate in department activities, including service on committees and attendance at all scheduled meetings.
• Other duties as assigned by the Director of Strength and Conditioning
• Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise science or related field required; Master’s Degree in Exercise Science or related field preferred
• CPR / AED certified
• Current certification through one or more of the following organizations: NSCA (CSCS), CSCCa (SCCC), USAW
• 2-3 years working in a collegiate strength and conditioning program and significant training and experience with all forms of resistance training and conditioning
• Must also be well-versed and experienced in speed improvement/mechanics, flexibility/mobility, energy system specific training, skill-specific training, testing/evaluation protocols, rehabilitation procedures with various injuries, and nutritional education
• Basic computer skills required; Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point, etc.
Miami University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with smoke- and tobacco-free campuses, is committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.