Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 7/16/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Job ID: 466. The Assistant Director of Alumni Relations, Student & Young Alumni Engagement, will work within a collaborative office environment and share responsibilities for planning and implementing alumni engagement initiatives designed to foster a lifelong connections between alumni and the university, with particular responsibilities for Miami’s young alumni and student communities. This position reports to the Director of Alumni Programs.
The ideal candidate will be energetic and innovative. He or she will have many opportunities to collaborate with talented people and build relationships both across campus and within the division of University Advancement. This person will play a critical role in delivering programming that meets the following objectives:
1. Educate students about the ways in which they benefit from alumni giving & volunteerism
2. Create opportunities for students to interact with and learn from alumni
3. Facilitate the student-to-alumnus transition
4. Develop opportunities for young alumni to stay involved and keep adding value to the Miami community
5. Quantify the impact and progress of engagement initiatives and marketing reach with respect to students and young alumni.
1. Serve as staff liaison to Miami's Young Alumni Council. Includes organizing meeting strategy, activities, & logistics; facilitating the new-member onboarding process; stewardship and growth of current members of the council; hosting regular conference calls with committees.
2. Coordinate with advancement colleagues to implement the annual MU Thank U campaign, which requires cross-campus collaboration and advanced planning of numerous communications and partnership logistics.
3. Oversee and advance the 18 Of the Last 9 young alumni recognition program. Responsibilities include recruiting and involving campus partners, planning communications about the nomination process, organizing the selection committee and providing print materials to them, contacting outside vendors, planning regional events for nominees, coordinating logistics for honorees, managing data collection and facilitate mining/updating, following up with honorees on year-round involvement opportunities.
4. Research, design and implement new student-facing initiatives which will increase personal interactions with influential alumni, raise awareness about the ways in which students benefit from alumni & donor support, and facilitate a smooth transition from student to alumnus before and after graduation.
5. Develop a Miami Alumni loyalty program and coordinating engagement-tracking mobile app.
6. Serve as representative of the Miami University Alumni Association at programs and events as necessary, including events on campus and away from campus (regional and national travel). To include weekend and/or extended hours as necessary.
7. Other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor's degree.
2. At least one year work experience. Internships, volunteer work, and other experience gained during the completion of a degree program may be counted towards this requirement.
3. Organized, task-oriented with demonstrated problem-solving skills and the ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
4. Ability to work collaboratively with various constituency groups, volunteers, and campus partners.
1. Master's degree.
2. Knowledge of Miami University.
3. Experience in a non-profit or higher educational setting.
4. Experience leading a student and/or young alumni program.
5. Strong presentation skills and/or demonstrated training experience toward such a goal.
Miami University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with smoke- and tobacco-free campuses, is committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.