Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 4/14/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Provide administrative support for the Department of Public Safety Administration
• Assist Director of Public Safety Administration with course schedules and assignment of faculty each term
• Coordinate/monitor budget for the Public Safety Administration program.
• Coordinate new adjunct clearances with Academic Affairs
• Prepare adjunct faculty contracts for Public Safety Administration graduate programs
• Prepare and administer new hire and payroll paperwork for all new adjunct faculty
• Provide administrative support to faculty.
• Collect syllabi for all graduate criminal justice courses each term and send to Academic Affairs
• Build courses in Datatel for the graduate criminal justice applied project courses every term
• Monitor academic progress of all students and authorize the issuance of academic sanctions each term
• Prepare SACS rosters each term for every center offering graduate criminal justice courses
• Create requisitions for department purchases
• Order and maintain inventory of office supplies and educational materials
• Register, drop, and add students to courses and assist them with any academic issues
• Prepare, process, and track Program Update Requests (PURs) as required
• Compose/ Run reports as necessary
• Work as a team with the various center locations that offer graduate criminal justice programs
• Assist graduate re-enrollment with any questions regarding graduate criminal justice students, course scheduling, and the opening of additional course sections as needed
• Monitor all students in the graduate criminal justice programs for commencement participation and degree conferral acceptance
• Other administrative tasks as assigned by the Graduate Director, Dean or Associate Dean.
• Ability to communicate with all levels of department
• Knowledge of higher education and its goals
• Proficient with Windows and Microsoft Office
• Proficiency in written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to function independently and as part of a team
• Detail oriented so as to complete work tasks on time
• Ability to prioritize work, manage multiple projects, maintain file management systems, structure processes, and problem solve.
High school diploma and two years office related clerical experience. Ability to use computer programs Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Internet, and Datatel.
Associates degree from a regionally accredited institution or higher preferred. Working knowledge of Saint Leo University a plus.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.