Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 5/1/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The Director of Marketing is responsible for providing leadership and direction for marketing operations. This position will direct and supervise the marketing staff. Although this is a Collegewide position which can be located at any of the WITC locations, the preferred location is the Administrative Office in Shell Lake, Wisconsin.
The Director of Marketing reports to the College President.
*Coordinate promotion of College and campus-based marketing events including activities and communication in all media.
*Collaborate with College staff to ensure consistent messaging and implementation of marketing best practices Collegewide.
*Supervise College Communications and Online Media Technician, Graphic Arts Technician, and Marketing & Public Relations Associates. Must also coordinate and collaborate with Collegewide divisions including Technology Services.
*Develop a comprehensive integrated marketing plan and implement strategies and initiatives to support the College’s mission, vision and strategic directions.
*Develop and direct the College’s image campaigns involving print, television, outdoor, radio, web, social media, and other media.
*Oversee and develop visual and written design standards to maintain a consistent College image.
*Oversee and lead the creative development, production and distribution of communication vehicles aimed at informing the public, current and prospective students, and other constituencies of College programs, services and new initiatives.
*Develop, manage and distribute communication materials that are necessary to support the College’s marketing efforts.
*Manage the College marketing budget and allocate resources to achieve division and College strategic goals.
*Conduct or coordinate market research and establish metrics to ensure accountability for marketing efforts.
*Serve as chief public relations and communications official of the College and implement proactive public relations initiatives to enhance the College image
*Participate in Collegewide and State marketing team meetings.
*Engage and provide leadership to professional contacts, external agencies and College partners to implement promotional and image enhancement activities as appropriate.
1. Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations, communications, or related field.
2. Five years specific marketing related experience including at least two of the five years at a senior level to include supervisory experience. Preference for experience in communication/marketing/public relations in the public sector, particularly education.
3. Strong working knowledge of advertising, marketing (including web-based and social media marketing), publication production and distribution of materials, preparation of graphic projects; knowledge of public relations and the College role in communication with communities and constituents.
4. Practical knowledge of budget, technology, management and leadership principles as evidenced by relevant, current experience.
5. Possess valid driver’s license and be able to drive and travel extensively within the District and the State.
Management, Grade 9
Your application will be considered complete when we have received a completed online application, a cover letter addressing all of the qualifications for this position, a resume, and original or copies of official or unofficial college transcripts. If you have noted an educational degree on your application, WITC requests transcripts to support your degree. Official transcripts are required prior to an offer of employment.
Please mail transcripts, if unable to scan, to Human Resources:
505 Pine Ridge Drive
Shell Lake WI 54871
WITC is an Equal Opportunity/Access Employer and Educator.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.