Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 5/8/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College is seeking a learning-focused, creative, and dynamic individual to teach coursework in the programs of Human Resource Management and Supervisory Management at the Ashland and Superior campuses. This position reports to the Divisional Dean of Business and is responsible for providing instruction to individuals seeking employment in Human Resources and Supervisory Management related fields. Primary responsibilities include instruction, learner assessment, curriculum improvement, and program promotion/recruitment. This position will have a teaching presence on both campuses with office location based at either Ashland or Superior campus.
• Facilitates learning for all students
• Accommodates a variety of learning styles
• Embeds diversity in classroom activities
• Uses a variety of instructional delivery modes
• Incorporates appropriate teaching methods and technologies in the learning process
• Assesses learners in a variety of ways
• Uses a variety of assessment methods and tools including but not limited to performance assessments, skills checklists, writing assignments, tests, quizzes, group work, partner activities, short- and long-term projects, and employment portfolios
• Documents assessment of learner achievement, core abilities, course competencies, and program outcomes
Partners with learners
• Helps learners define and achieve their academic and career goals
• Provides academic advising for learners.
• Demonstrates support for student clubs and organizations
• Writes course-appropriate curricula
• Continually improves course content that reflects course competencies as well as current workplace practices
• Develops and updates learning opportunities that reflect WITC’s Learning College tenets.
• Collaborates with colleagues from all disciplines to ensure a multi-disciplinary approach and perspective to teaching and learning
• Researches and selects textbooks, library resources, software, and other learning materials
• Develops, implements, and annually updates an Individualized Learning Plan
• Stays current in area(s) of teaching
• Continues education and training in area(s) of teaching in accordance with accrediting commission, agencies, and professional associations
• Includes industry work experience, job shadowing, and/or participation in professional or trade organizations
• Manages learning environments in a manner consistent with college policies and procedures
• Distributes to learners, and places on file, an up-to-date syllabus for each course
• Records and submits grades
• Maintains other records as required
• Communicates using e-mail, voice mail, and/or on-line postings
• Monitors condition and safety of classrooms and labs and reports needed maintenance and repairs
• Solicits quotations and bids and procures supplies and equipment
• Assists in student recruitment and job placement activities
• Participates in campus promotional activities such as open houses and career days
• Partners with the Dean in fulfilling the mission, vision, and values of the College
• Collaborates in the scheduling of classes
• Assumes an active role in the assessment of own professional performance
• Participates actively in campus, college-wide, regional, and state teams and committees
• Participates in operational planning processes
• Recruits, constructs, and annually consults with advisory committees and business partners
• Serves on selection committees to hire new staff
• Mentors other faculty
• Fosters the college’s community relationships
• Promotes relationships with other colleges and universities
• Promotes relationships with area business and industry
1. Bachelor’s degree* in Human Resources, Business Administration, Administration, Leadership or related.
2. Two years (4,000 hours) of occupational experience in Human Resources to include supervision of staff.
3. Willingness to work flexible schedule which may include nights, weekends, etc. when necessary according to course scheduling and/or alternative instructional delivery.
4. Candidates must meet Wisconsin Technical College System instructor certification requirements for Human Resource Management and Supervision and Leadership programming areas. For certification information, access the WTCS certification page at:
1. Master’s degree* in Human Resources, Business Administration, Administration, Leadership or related.
2. Teaching experience preferred.
3. Curriculum development experienced preferred.
4. Experience using alternative instructional delivery methods preferred, e.g., Learning Management Systems, Instructional Television, etc.
*Readable transcripts are required at time of application for all degrees noted in application.
Your application will be considered complete when we have received a completed online application, a cover letter addressing all of the qualifications for this position, a resume, and original or readable copies of official or unofficial college transcripts. If you have noted an educational degree on your application, WITC requests transcripts to support your degree. Official transcripts are required prior to an offer of employment.
Please mail transcripts, if unable to scan, to Human Resources:
505 Pine Ridge Drive
Shell Lake WI 54871
WITC is an Equal Opportunity/Access Employer and Educator.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.