Detailed Job Description
Provide assistance in coordinating and supporting the Law Library deparment.
1. Provide assistance in coordinating the Law Library budget process using Datatel. Initiate and expedite publication and non-publication purchase order requisitions. Process orders, invoices and requests for payments. Maintain records, track expenditures, generate reports and reconcile with Datatel. Coordinate supply inventory for all departments, and maintain communication and invoice accuracy with vendors.
2. Organize, classify, and manage automated and non-automated Law Library files. Responsible for the discreet handling of confidential material.
3. Coordinate, maintain and disseminate staff schedules, appointments, events, meetings, vacation, sick or other time off, benefits information, and departmental communication. Schedule meetings through R-25 reservations system as required, notifying all participants and arranging for necessary materials and facilities.
4. Coordinate student and hourly employee hiring and scheduling, and approve time sheets as back-up in Kronos.
5. Serve as office manager and receptionist for the Law Library administrative offices. Take messages, relay information, direct callers and visitors, and answer questions within the scope of knowledge and authority. Review administrative mail for appropriate distribution and action.
6. Perform a variety of word processing and desktop publishing duties, including correspondence, memos, newsletters, reports, minutes, note transcriptions, and various forms. Produce and edit routine correspondence for Director and Associate Director.
7. Coordinate Law Library facility concerns and oversee office equipment.
8. Coordinate travel itineraries and process expense reports for Law Library staff.
9. Serve as Law Library liaison with other University offices.
10. Other duties as assigned.
Required Minimum Qualifications
Strong computer skills i.e. Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
Minimum 3-5 years previous secretarial/administrative experience required.
Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask.
Excellent attention to detail.
Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
Strong facility with numbers and complex budget reports required.
Ability to work independently and with others.