Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 7/27/2012.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Advises new, prospective, and transfer students in all aspects of academic programs. This includes developmental and career advising as well as helping students develop an educational plan towards graduation. Emphasis is placed on managing an advising caseload towards greater retention. Duties include explaining policies, making referrals, maintaining records, interpreting test scores, dealing with academic standards issues, coordinating with faculty and staff, and representing the department on various projects, committees, and meetings as assigned.
- Responds to informational requests from potential students, staff, high school counselors and others interested in Utah Valley University and create/update informational -Interprets and explains UVU policies and procedures to advisees.
- Provides information, assistance and referrals to student support services to assist advisees in managing their college experience, including internships and research opportunities.
- Maintains a case load of incoming and continuing undergraduate students.
- Maintains student advising records using computer applications relevant for file maintenance and organization of case load.
- Assists students in the development of meaningful educational plans and academic major and emphasis selection which are compatible with their life goals.
- Facilitates career exploration and planning activities with students.
- Assists students with course planning to meet educational and career goals.
- Provides accurate program information to continuing and prospective students in person, via telephone and email, and on site at UVU.
- Assists students with the enrollment and registration process.
- Interprets test scores and assist students in appropriate course placement.
- Counsel's students in academic difficulty, remove holds, etc., to facilitate their progress.
- Reviews post-secondary institution unofficial transcripts and prior academic history
- Helps retain current students and aid in the transition through higher education for new students.
- Advocate and problem solves with faculty, administration and staff on student academic problems, issues and concerns.
- Assists faculty and staff with questions about issues related to academic advising
- Serve as a member of the Advisement Forum and attend and participate in meetings, activities and events of the forum.
- Represents the department on any relevant University committees, departmental committees or professional associations/organizations as needed and/or assigned.
- Consults with faculty and staff in order to provide accurate information concerning program changes, assessment guidelines, course and instructor information, transfer issues, scholarships and appropriate referrals.
- Organizes, coordinates or assists in managing a number of undergraduate student programs or events. Examples of such events include: majors' fair, parent Orientation, International student and parent orientation, and Undergraduate information sessions.
- Works with Advisor Training and Development staff to learn all aspects of UVU academic advising and achieve advisor certification.
- Participates in regular Performance Evaluations with supervisor.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.