Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 9/28/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Saint Louis University, a Catholic, Jesuit institution dedicated to student learning, research, health care, and service is seeking applicants for the position Instructional Services Librarian, Pius XII Memorial Library at the rank of Assistant Professor, non-tenure track, 12-month appointment.
Duties: Participation in general reference and instructional services in a team-based environment including some evening and weekend hours; provide leadership and expertise in the assessment of the effectiveness of the library's instruction program, in monitoring the implementation of ACRL's revised Framework for Information Literacy for Higher Education, and in enhancing the library's subject based instruction activities; collaborate with library and campus faculty and staff on the design and development of effective and high quality learning materials (effective active learning techniques, tutorials, how-to videos, etc.) that support instruction in information literacy skills and in the use of library resources and services; manages and creates information literacy content on the web, including tutorials for the Freshman Writing Program; serves as the library's liaison to the School for Professional Studies, English for Academic Purposes, 1818 Advanced College Credit Program, and the Reinert Center for Transformative Teaching & Learning.
- Master's degree in library or information science from a program accredited by the American Library Association (or the appropriate national body of another country).
- Demonstrated commitment to instruction and information literacy.
- Experience designing and creating tutorials, learning objects, or other curricular resources in a variety of mediums.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal skills, positive public service orientation, effective oral/written communication skills, initiative, flexibility, commitment to professional growth, and research and analytic skills in a dynamic environment.
- Enthusiasm for working with diverse constituencies in an effective manner.
- Two or more years of professional library experience.
- Two or more years of successful instruction experience.
- Formal training or certification in instructional design or education technology.
- Awareness or emerging trends in librarianship, information literacy and the landscape of higher education.
- Fluency with the ACRL's Framework for Information Literacy for Higher Education.
Interested candidates should apply online at https://jobs.slu.edu. Please include a cover letter and CV. We offer a competitive salary, attractive benefits including retirement program, insurance, tuition remission, vacation, and holidays.
Saint Louis University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (AA/EOE) and encourages nominations of and application from women and minorities.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.