Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 4/3/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
This position is responsible for providing financial aid advisement to students, for processing financial aid applications, and for maintaining financial aid records.
San Juan College is committed to serving the needs of our students through a process of continuous quality improvement. We uphold and affirm the following iCARE values:
• Advises students and families concerning financial aid policies, procedures, and requirements.
• Processes and reviews student financial aid applications; verifies student data; issues missing information notifications; calculates student awards.
• Processes direct student loans in compliance with federal rules and regulations.
• Manages and maintains financial aid records; assists in preparing and submitting required federal and state reports.
• Administers the Satisfactory Academic Progress program; ensures compliance with regulations; runs SAP reports; reviews student status to verify continued eligibility; participates in annual audit.
• Administers the student work study program; ensures compliance with regulations; maintains the work study webpage; maintains required records and reports; processes student applications; distributes funds.
• Attends financial aid training seminars and workshops.
• Serves on assigned college committees.
• Performs related duties.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
• Knowledge of federal and state financial aid regulations.
• Knowledge of database management principles.
• Knowledge of computers and job related software programs.
• Knowledge of college policies and procedures.
• Skill in decision making and problem solving.
• Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public.
• Skill in oral and written communication.
• Skill in working effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
The Senior Director assigns work in terms of general instructions. The supervisor spot-checks completed work for compliance with procedures, accuracy, and the nature and propriety of the final results.
Guidelines include federal and state student financial aid regulations, Family Education Rights and Privacy Act guidelines, and college policies and procedures. These guidelines require judgment, selection, and interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK
• The work consists of varied duties in assisting in directing the college’s student financial aid functions. Strict regulations contribute to the complexity of the position.
• The purpose of this position is to provide support for the college’s financial aid processes. Success in this position contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of those processes.
• Contacts are typically with co-workers, other college personnel, faculty, staff, students, representatives of other institutions, federal and state officials, and members of the general public.
• Contacts are typically to give or exchange information, to resolve problems, or to provide services.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
• The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or table or while intermittently sitting, standing or stooping. The employee occasionally lifts light objects.
• The work is typically performed in an office.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.