Detailed Job Description
Provides general student services information and assists current and prospective students with admissions, financial aid, testing, advising, graduation and finance related issues. Collects and processes payments for various transactions such as student accounts, tests, fines, petty cash, party vendors. Processes stop payments and removes holds when financial obligations are met. Monitors student accounts for accuracy. Reconciliation of various third party accounts between accounts receivable and accounting records.
Essential Job Functions
1. Accesses, inputs and retrieves data from multiple applications such as CashNet, Banner, ADELPH library system, and HigherOne Support to resolve student account inquiries.
2. Accepts all College payments, determines type of monetary transaction, and responsible for the correct posting to the accounting records.
3. Receives telephone calls, responds to inquiries made through the business office e-mail and in person to assist students with all questions posed regarding admissions, finance, financial adi, testing, advising, and graduation.
4. Reviews petty cash reimbursements requests to ensure compliance with College policy, checks budget, and maintains supporting documentation.
5. Reconciles daily bank deposits and prepares bank deposits for armored car pickup. Responsible for the accounts receivable collection effort including notifications to students, analysis, and placement of account with collection agency .
6. Analyze the placement and removal of financial holds on student accounts.
7. Performs reconciliation of various accounts such as General Scholarship and International Student Insurance and processes correcting adjustments when necessary.
8. Monitors daily bookstore transactions to ensure accuracy between the Banner and Nebraska Bookstore systems.
9. Assists Bursar with student account deletions and re-registrations for unpaid accounts.
10. Other duties as assigned.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Progressively responsible clerical accounting experience which demonstrates an understanding of accounting/bookkeeping principles and practices.
3. Experience with high volume cashiering and balancing.
4. Experience with filing, data entry, typing, keyboarding, telephone communication and operating a calculator.
5. A demonstrated commitment to diversity.
6. Must be able to perform all of the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accomodation.
Knowledge Skills Abilities
1. Knowledge of Admissions, Financial Aid, Dual enrollment and the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.
2. Knowledge of Microsoft Office
3. Knowledge of advanced customer service standards and procedures.
4. Skilled in interpersonal communications and critical thinking.
5. Organizational skills with an emphasis on attention to detail and the ability to follow established procedures.
6. Ability to remain calm and professional in emotionally charged situations.
7. Ability to work under pressure without direct supervision.
8. Ability to accurately handle multiple tasks and provide customer service simultaneously.
9. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
10. Ability to work effectively in a diverse community and meet the needs of diverse student populations.
$31,555 per year
Equal Employment and Preference-Eligibility
Valencia College provides equal opportunity for equal opportunity for employment and educational services to all individuals as it relates to admission to the College or to programs, any aid, benefit, or service to students or wages and other terms, conditions or privileges of employment, without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information and any other factor prohibited under applicable federal, state, and local civil rights laws, rules and regulations.
Valencia College extends preference in employment for eligible veterans in accordance to Florida State Statute 295.07.
Please press the apply button in the task box on the right column of this page to proceed and be redirected to the position announcement for this position on Valencia College’s website.