Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 5/10/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
San Jose/Evergreen Community College District
Posting Date: 03-26-2015
Closing Date: 05-10-2015
Posting Number: 0010540
Work Location: Evergreen Valley College
Division: Library and Learning Resources
Position status: Full-time
Academic Position Type: Faculty Full-Time Tenure Track Position
Academic Position Term: Regular 100% FTE 10-Months per year
Salary Range: $64,313 to $82,493 Entry Level Annual Salary (Academic Salary Schedule 2014-2015); Maximum Salary Potential $111,916. Note: Actual Salary placement is based on candidate's verified education and experience.
Benefits Available: Excellent benefits package which include cost of medical, dental, and vision for employee and qualified dependents, and life insurance and income protection for employee (Faculty/District collective bargaining agreement).
Employment Start Date: Fall 2015
This faculty position is a full-time 100% assignment as Librarian in the Division of Language Arts at Evergreen Valley College.
Some workdays may be assigned outside of the ten-month academic calendar. The assignment may include day, evening and weekend responsibilities.
This position is represented by the San Jose/Evergreen Federation of Teachers, AFT 6157.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Primary focus will be in the following areas: reference desk duties, selection and organization of electronic resources, and information competency instruction.
1. Provide reference and information services to students, faculty and staff.
2. Conduct orientation lectures and library instruction for college classes. Coordinate library Internet instruction, promote teaching program to the faculty and campus community.
3. Collaborate in selecting and maintaining the library databases.
4. Serve as liaison to database, serials/periodicals vendors and automated library system vendors.
5. Prepare print and web resources guides.
6. Participate in the planning and evaluation of library services.
7. Serve on college committees and participate in college activities.
8. Review and select library materials.
9. Work with integrated library automation systems.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. Master's degree in Library Science, Library and Information Science
2. Demonstrated sensitivity, knowledge, and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, gender, gender identification, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of the students we serve; and sensitivity to and knowledge and understanding of groups historically underrepresented, and groups who may have experienced discrimination.
3. Success integrating diversity as appropriate into the major duties outlined in the job description and in the duties listed in the District's hiring policy; or demonstrated equivalent transferable skills to do so.
1. Knowledge of collection development, principles, and practices, including knowledge of reviewing sources for printed and electronic materials.
2. Demonstrated ability to incorporate new and emerging technologies in providing library services and for instruction, including online and hybrid instruction.
3. Experience in using and maintaining integrated library automation software such as Innovative Interfaces Integrated Library Systems for key library functions such as circulation, acquisitions, or cataloging.
4. Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with library staff, college faculty and administrators.
5. Excellent customer service skills to communicate with, and relate to, students with a wide range of academic abilities, learning styles, and proficiencies in spoken English.
6. Ability to diagnose student information needs and help students develop problem solving and critical thinking skills.
7. Ability to develop effective library curriculum and use successful instructional methods and strategies, effectively integrating cultural diversity into classes, workshops, presentations, exhibits, etc.
8. Academic work in the STEM fields or other discipline and demonstrated commitment to continuing professional development and growth.
9. Experience in developing and assessing Student Learning Outcomes, using surveys, focus groups and other assessment tools, and utilizing those data to improve instruction.
10. Bilingual preferred.
Job Category: Faculty and other instructional staff
*Equivalency: Applicants (including current or former employees) applying under equivalency bear the full responsibility of submitting by the closing date the District's Equivalency Application in addition to the Faculty Position Application with details and evidence of the factors (academic preparation and/or experience) they believe to be equivalent of the required qualifications for this positions.
Application(s) for equivalency are required for any of the following reasons:
1. degrees are not in exact discipline required;
2. degree is in progress;
3. degrees were earned at a college/university not accredited by an accrediting body recognized by the U. S. Council on Post-Secondary Accreditation and/or the U. S. Department of Education; and/or
4. degrees were earned at a college/university outside of the U.S.
Candidates with foreign degrees must provide official certification of equivalency to U. S. degrees by a certified U. S. credential review service. Simple translation of the language on foreign diplomas, transcripts, coursework, or similar will NOT suffice; thus will cause the application packet to be judged as incomplete.
More equivalency information, along with the form, can be obtained at http://www.sjeccd.edu/HumanResources/Documents/Equivalency%20Application
Application Procedures, Notes and Contact Information
Interested applicants (including external applicants, current or former employees) MUST SUBMIT ONLINE ALL of the following materials by the closing date to be considered for the position (Posting at: http://apptrkr.com/598563. MUST click "Apply for this Posting" to apply):
1. A completed online San Jose/Evergreen Community College District FACULTY POSITION APPLICATION
2. COVER LETTER
(Must state how you meet ALL the minimum qualifications in EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE as described in the job announcement Minimum Qualifications section. Also, state how you meet other qualifications)
4. TRANSCRIPT(S) (unofficial or official copies) for stated degrees having the DEGREE CONFER/AWARD dates. Official transcripts will be required prior to employment start date should the position be offered.
5. District Application for Equivalency, if applicable, and supporting documents. Current or former employees who were previously approved by the District colleges for equivalency MUST by the closing date submit proof of the dated District's written equivalency approval.
If you do not have an electronic version of the transcript, you can get it scanned at Office Max, Office Depot, Staples, etc.; then attach the electronic version of your transcript to this online application at the later part of the application process.
1. Only complete application materials will be considered (No exception for external applicants, current or former employees). Application materials must include: a. FACULTY POSITION APPLICATION, b. COVER LETTER, c. RESUME,
d. TRANSCRIPT(S) of degrees stated and/or required (The criminal history explanation if any will NOT be forwarded to the screening committee), and e. DISTRICT EQUIVALENCY APPLICATION with supporting documents, if applicable.
2. Incomplete application packet and/or documents received by Human Resources after the closing date will not be considered (No exception for employees or non-employees).
3. Applications not having all required minimum qualifications in education and experience as stated in the Minimum Qualifications section will not receive further considerations.
4. Letters of Recommendation are not required and will not be included in the application packet. Additional documents that are not requested may not be included.
5. DEGREES must have been awarded by a college or university ACCREDITED by an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Council on Post-Secondary Accreditation and/or the U.S. Department of Education.
6. FOREIGN DEGREES: Candidates with DEGREES and CREDITS earned outside of the United States must provide official certification of equivalency to U. S. degrees by a certified U. S. credential review service, must have a U.S. evaluation (course by course of the transcripts) and must be submitted with the application. Simple translation of the language on foreign transcripts, coursework, or similar will NOT suffice; thus will cause the application packet to be judged as incomplete.
7. Upon hire the successful candidate must provide the required documents of identity and authorization to work and attest he/she is authorized to work in the United States.
8. Application materials become the property of the district and will not be returned or duplicated.
9. Travel expenses to attend the interview are the responsibility of the candidate.
10. Meeting the minimum qualifications DOES NOT assure an interview.
11. The District may re-advertise, delay, choose not to fill the position, or choose to fill more than one position.
For assistance, contact:
Office of Human Resources, Employment Services
40 S. Market Street, San Jose, CA 95113
Phone: (408) 270-6414 Fax: (408) 239-8818
Web site @ https://jobs.sjeccd.edu. or www.sjeccd.edu.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement:
San Jose/Evergreen Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of ethnic group identification, race, color, language, accent, immigration status, ancestry, national origin, age, gender, gender identification, religion, sexual orientation, transgender, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, and physical or mental disability consistent with applicable federal and state laws.
Human Resources/Employment Services, 40 S. Market Street, San Jose, CA 95113, (408) 270-6414.
Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.