Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 5/26/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Los Rios Community College District
Associate Vice President of Instruction and Student Learning
Cosumnes River College (CRC), located in south Sacramento County, and its center in Elk Grove provide a dynamic learning environment for more than 14,000 students. The open access, student-centered campus prepares students to realize their educational and career goals through exemplary transfer, general, and career education in an academically rigorous and inclusive environment. Cosumnes River College also offers exceptional instruction in basic skills and English for non-native speakers, as well as a broad array of life-long learning and workforce development programs.
CRC awards Associate in Arts and Associate in Science degrees, Career Technical Education certificates, and transfer credit for students who intend to continue their education at a four year college or university. CRC is an educational organization that values diversity, focuses on creativity and personal enrichment, and empowers students to reach their full potential as informed and productive members of the community.
Founded in 1970, Cosumnes River College is a leader in innovative ideas and sustainable values. The college provides technologically updated classrooms and offers a variety of schedules for those that need flexibility.
As one of the four colleges that comprise the Los Rios Community College District, our faculty and staff promote an ethic of caring and mutual respect, fairness and integrity which are part of our Honor Code. Our highly diverse student body learns how to be successful students and productive citizens in a beautiful learning environment that has seen new facilities built and improved upon in recent years.
Under the general direction of the Vice President of Instruction, the Associate Vice President of Instruction and Student Learning provides administrative leadership in the planning, organization, and evaluation of the instructional programs and services of the college. The Associate Vice President of Instruction and Student Learning will be responsible for administrative oversight of selected instructional divisions.
Under the general direction of the Vice President of Instruction, the Associate Vice President of Instruction and Student Learning will coordinate the college's efforts to offer vocational programs for our community. The Associate Vice President of Instruction and Student Learning will work with administrators to develop and implement programs; to create strategies to address the Board of Governors' initiatives related to workforce development; to coordinate the development of the college's career education programs; to monitor programs for effectiveness and ensure adherence to federal and state regulations in the use of funds.
The Associate Vice President of Instruction and Student Learning will represent the college in state and regional occupational administrative groups and direct the development and coordination of potential partnerships with appropriate industries, high schools and universities as they relate to career programs.
The Associate Vice President of Instruction and Student Learning will assist in the interface of the college with state and federal agencies in our efforts to be an educational force in economic and workforce development. The Associate Vice President of Instruction and Student Learning will work with the District in administering the college Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Education (CTE) Improvement Act program and managing use of funds. Emphasis will be placed on growth potential of occupational/vocational programs, establishing partnerships and securing grants.
In addition, the Associate Vice President of Instruction and Student Learning will provide administrative support to the instructional services operation in the production of the class schedule and college catalog, in logistical aspects of the curriculum committee, in the management of faculty contracts and accountability, and in the coordination and usage of college instructional facilities.
The Associate Vice President of Instruction and Student Learning will have the opportunity to work with a wide diversity of faculty, staff and students on a variety of instructional issues.
• Develops and supervises production of the college class schedules, catalogs and related publications.
• Provides leadership for the advancement of the college's economic and workforce development efforts.
• Initiates and oversees the development of career programs by working with college faculty, business and industry advisory groups and other appropriate organizations.
• Serves as a college liaison to occupational administrative groups and develops partnerships with external agencies including business and industry, high schools and universities.
• Works with and provides administrative oversight of selected instructional areas and division deans.
• Works with and provides administrative oversight to statewide and national grants and special projects.
• Works with faculty, staff and students to facilitate consensus and action on issues pertaining to instructional programs.
• Monitors programs, files reports and ensures adherence to regulations of federal and state agencies for the receipt and expenditure of funds.
• Provides administrative support to the instructional services operations.
• Provides technical support with curriculum, coordination and maintenance of faculty contracts.
• Coordinates college instructional facility usage and program approval for occupational programs.
• Supervises assigned employees and operations.
• Coordinates and oversees reporting requirements for all related budgets.
• Works to ensure promotion/marketing of occupational programs.
• Participates as a management team member in general activities related to personnel, support, facilities, and funding of the instructional programs.
• Assists Vice President of Instruction with enrollment management, productivity and growth.
1. Have a master's degree* from an accredited institution completed by June 1, 2015.
2. Two years of formal training, internship, or leadership experience reasonably related to the administrator's administrative assignment.
3. Have sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles.
*Applicant must meet the minimum qualifications of a faculty discipline at the college. To review the minimum qualifications for faculty disciplines, refer to Minimum Qualifications for Faculty and Administrators in California Community Colleges which can be found on our website at www.losrios.edu; select "Job Openings", then "Minimum Qualifications for Faculty and Administrators in California Community Colleges".
Beginning and/or Ending Dates:
Full-time, Educational Administrative Position
Beginning on or about July 1, 2015.
To receive full consideration applicants applying to this Los Rios Community College District faculty position are required to complete fully and submit:
1. Los Rios Community College District Administrative application
2. Unofficial transcripts of college/university work ** (graduate advising documents and grade reports will not be accepted as unofficial transcripts). NOTE: Los Rios employees are also required to submit unofficial copies of transcripts.
4. Two letters of recommendation
5. Letter of Interest
**Note: Applications submitted without transcripts will be disqualified. Also individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees and other relevant documents. A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign course work is used to meet minimum qualifications and/or salary placement even if the foreign transcript has been accepted by a college or university in the United States.
Do not submit additional materials that are not requested.
All Positions: Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful clearance from a criminal background check, freedom from tuberculosis, and proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States prior to the first day of work. The District may select additional qualified candidates should unexpected vacancies or needs occur during this recruitment/selection process. When education is a requirement for the position, official academic transcripts from the accredited college/university must be submitted within 60 days of hire.
Administrative/Executive/Faculty Positions: Contingent on funding and eligibility, successful candidates selected for an interview may be eligible to apply for partial reimbursement of travel expenses.
Administrative/Executive Positions: Administrative positions may be subject to the District's Conflict of Interest Code, and a statement of economic interest is required within thirty (30) days following appointment to the position. Management/Executive positions are exempt from overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Additional Salary Information:
Additional stipend for an earned doctorate from an accredited university.
CRC (Cosumnes River College)
CRC Administrative Services
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: http://apptrkr.com/597900
LRCCD embraces diversity as one of the core values of the organization.
The Los Rios Community College District is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, political affiliation or belief, or marital status.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.