Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 9/21/2012.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Foothill-De Anza Community College District
Division Dean, Business and Social Sciences
Instructions for applying:
To apply for this position, submit all required application materials (listed below) to http://www.fhdajobs.net.
1. A District application to be completed at http://www.fhdajobs.net *In the application, you will provide information, which demonstrates your understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
2. A cover letter detailing your qualifications, skills and abilities as they relate to the position.
3. A current resume of all work experience, formal education and training.
4. All college transcripts scanned in Word or PDF version.
We do not accept JPEG or other file formats for transcripts. Both Foothill De Anza CCD employees and external candidates must submit transcripts. Applicants who have international transcripts must obtain and submit transcripts that are evaluated by an independent educational-equivalency evaluation company, and obtain an English translation (if necessary). These services are to be done at the applicant's expense.
If any required application materials are omitted, the committee will not review your application materials.
Application materials not required for this position (including reference letters) will not be accepted.
Documents which can be associated with this posting
Duties and Responsibilities
The Foothill-De Anza Community College District is currently accepting applications for the management position of Division Dean, Business and Social Sciences, Foothill College.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION INCLUDE:
Reporting to the Vice President, Instruction and Institutional Research, the division dean is responsible for the vision; leadership; curriculum quality and class scheduling; personnel management and financial accountability of the division to serve student needs and interests. The division includes the departments of Accounting, Advertising, Anthropology, Business, International Business, Child Development, Economics, Geography/GIS, Gerontology, History, Philosophy, Political Science, Psychology, Real Estate, Sociology, Social Science, Special Education and Women's Studies.
The division dean is responsible for the direct administration of faculty and classified staff assignments, faculty and staff evaluations, and teaching load of all full- and part-time faculty. Develops the annual division budget. Coordinates all reporting related to classes, personnel, students, budgets, and facilities and equipment. Responsible for curriculum; student learning outcomes; processes and course scheduling activities; as well as program review and participation in the resource allocation process. Coordinates marketing and promotion, including public information and service. Plans and implements Saturday, summer, evening, and extended campus classes, activities and programs. Works with external agencies, advisory bodies, and accrediting commissions related to the division's programs and services. Represents the division in an administrative capacity as assigned.
Hiring Range: $112,342.68-$123,854.16
Full Salary Range: $112,342.68-$143,520.84
Annual salary plus benefits; and is based on applicant's verified education and experience.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Full-time, Permanent, 12 months per year.
ASSIGNMENT DATE: January 1, 2013.
Excellent benefits package, which includes medical coverage for employee and eligible dependents, dental, vision care, employee assistance program, long-term disability, retirement benefits and basic life insurance.
For information on our benefits package that includes medical for employees and dependents, visit our web site: http://hr.fhda.edu/benefits
Persons with disabilities who require reasonable accommodation to complete the employment process must notify Employment Services no later than the closing date of the announcement.
The successful applicant will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the U.S.
The Foothill-De Anza Community College District does not reimburse applicants for travel, lodging or any other costs incurred by applicant to attend interviews. All
interviewing costs incurred will be the responsibility of the applicant.
For more information about our application process contact:
Foothill-De Anza Community College District
12345 El Monte Road
Los Altos Hills, California 94022
*This position will become Open Until Filled after the initial Closing Date. Any complete applications received while the position is Open Until Filled will be reviewed by the hiring committee only upon committee request.
1. Understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, cultural, disability, religious background and sexual orientation of community college students.
2. Master's degree.
3. One year of administrative experience, formal training, internship or leadership in an area related to business and social sciences.
1. Teaching experience in a discipline within the division.
2. Experience as an administrator.
3. Experience in supervision or coordinating academic and/or workforce education programs.
4. Experience in financial and personnel management.
5. Knowledge of on-line learning and technology in the classroom.
6. Knowledge/experience with curriculum development, student learning outcomes assessment, and data driven program review processes.
Job Close Date
In addition, successful candidates will demonstrate the following knowledge and abilities:
1. Interest in students and ability to understand student issues and concerns.
2. Strong interpersonal communication skills.
3. Communicate effectively orally and in writing.
4. Vision, creativity, and follow through in an environment of shared governance and academic freedom.
5. Experience with instructional and management technology.
6. Ability to promote and advocate for the division within the college and larger community.
7. Principles of trust, teamwork and collaboration.
8. Concepts and principles of student learning and learning outcomes.
9. Work effectively with diverse students, staff, faculty and administrators individually and collectively.
10. Handle difficult and sensitive issues and problems and resolve conflicts.
To apply, please visit: http://apptrkr.com/262245
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.