Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 1/7/2013.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Florida Career College is seeking applications for two inaugural positions as Chair of Nursing at our Campuses in Kendall, and Jacksonville, and one position in our ongoing program in Boynton Beach. We require experienced administrators who possess superior analytical, educational and people skills that will enhance a student-centered learning environment. This is an academic managerial position reporting to the Campus Director of Education. This position is currently responsible for the administration, management, and daily operations of an RN Associate Degree Program.
The Chair of Nursing will direct all educational activities in the Nursing Program including, but not limited to:
• Establishing and maintaining the School of Nursing’s reputation in the local health care community.
• Developing and maintaining collaborative and professional relationships within the clinical, academic, health care and general communities.
• Oversight of academic curriculum, and student outcomes.
• Collaboration with faculty and staff in the areas of budget, program development, recruitment and student outcomes.
• Ensuring all accreditation standards are met and maintained.
• Ensuring the requirements mandated by the Board of Nursing are met.
Specific responsibilities for this position include:
• Preparing reports needed for the Board of Nursing and accreditation agencies
• Reviewing and revising college catalog pertaining to the nursing programs each year
• Completing the assessment process to develop, promote and evaluate program goals and objectives
• Orienting, guiding, assigning, and evaluating all nursing department faculty/staff
• Computing faculty loads and planning teaching assignments
• Resolving student problems in the nursing program
• Providing opportunities for in-service and conference attendance
• Monitoring student progress, conducting student orientations, and advising students throughout the program.
The ideal candidate will have experience ensuring that student outcomes provide for a high licensure passing rate (Goal: 90%).
• Masters degree in Nursing; Doctorate preferred.
• Current, valid licensure as a registered nurse in Florida.
• Actively employed in nursing education in the past five years, preferably as a chair, dean, or program director.
• Five years of varied nursing experience after graduation from a nursing education program
Please send CV and letter of interest via e-mail to:
Associate Vice President for Education Operations
Drug Free Work Place/EOE
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.