Detailed Job Description
Receives and makes telephone calls to assist current and prospective students with the steps to enrollment and resolving any difficulties encountered in the enrollment process.
Essential Job Functions
1. Receives telephone calls and assists students with their application for admission, financial aid, and understanding how to complete the steps to enrollment.
2. Assists students with determining the status of their admission or financial aid applications and resolves problems at early stages.
3. Determines when a student has encountered deeper problems and creates trouble tickets to refer case to the appropriate department.
4. Assists with events and projects of the Transition and Enrollment Services departments.
5. Orients students to on-line tools available and the features of Atlas.
6. Answers questions about Valencia's services, hours, and materials available to students, faculty, and the community.
7. Answers questions about Valencia's academic programs and entrance requirements.
8. Maintains accurate records regarding nature of telephone call questions and the discussions held by telephone with students.
9. Advises students about degree and certificate options offered by Valencia.
10. Makes outbound telephone calls to prospective and current students.
11. Makes full use of computer software capabilities to input and retrieve data, and access reference materials.
12. Responds to requests for Valencia materials, prepares mass mailings as needed, and assists with maintaining inventory of materials.
13. Performs data entry of prospective student information.
14. Other duties as assigned.
1. Associate's degree from a regionally accredited institution or a high school diploma or equivalent and experience in a college Student Services setting [required].
2. A demonstrated commitment to diversity.
3. Must be able to perform all of the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accomodation.
Knowledge Skills Abilities
1. Ability to conduct clear telephone conversations and respond to complaints with tact and diplomacy.
2. Ability to resolve student enrollment problems at early stages.
3. Ability to remain calm and professional in emotionally charged situations.
4. Skilled in interpersonal communications and critical thinking.
5. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
6. Ability to accurately input and retrieve data and use standard office computer software proficiently to produce reports and mailings.
7. Ability to work effectively in a diverse community and meet the needs of diverse student populations.
$15.12 per hour
Equal Employment and Preference-Eligibility
Valencia College provides equal opportunity for equal opportunity for employment and educational services to all individuals as it relates to admission to the College or to programs, any aid, benefit, or service to students or wages and other terms, conditions or privileges of employment, without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information and any other factor prohibited under applicable federal, state, and local civil rights laws, rules and regulations.
Valencia College extends preference in employment for eligible veterans in accordance to Florida State Statute 295.07.
Please press the apply button in the task box on the right column of this page to proceed and be redirected to the position announcement for this position on Valencia College’s website.