Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 7/23/2012.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The assistant director is a member of the residential life leadership team and reports to the Associate Director of Residential Life. The Assistant Director oversees the operation of a residential community of approximately 1700 students. Primary areas of responsibility include: staff supervision, coordinating housing for special populations, managing departmental operations and technology.
Staff Supervision and Development
1. Supervise professional Residence Hall Directors.
2. Supervise Community Assistants for the senior area.
3. Hire, train and supervise student workers at the Rocky Top Residential Life office.
4. Indirectly supervise 18 Resident Assistants.
5. Assist with the development and execution of a comprehensive training program for staff.
6. Participate in the recruitment and selection of staff.
7. Evaluate staff members' performance according to Divisional evaluation guidelines.
1. Collaborate with Graduate programs and Admissions to market graduate housing to current and prospective students.
2. Manage graduate student housing program.
3. Develop, coordinate and manage the senior residential experience.
4. Assist international students in their transition to University housing.
1. Manage the logistics of university opening and closings of the residential areas.
2. Supervise the recruitment, selection and management of the student move in crew.
3. Coordinate Health and Safety Inspections of all residential areas.
4. Coordinate fire and life safety procedures with Security, Hamden Police and Hamden Fire department.
5. Manage departmental inventory on keys, radios, etc.
6. Administer the senior housing lottery.
7. Meet regularly with Palmer Properties and Facilities.
1. Serve as an administrator for the University's housing database (the Housing Director) and companion software.
2. Provide training and support staff on the use of The Housing Director and companion software.
3. Review, select and implement necessary software programs to assist the department in providing comprehensive services to students.
4. Provide training and direction to staff in the use of Persona Access Keycard system.
5. Develop and implement strategies to utilize social media platforms to communicate to residents.
1. Provide crisis management coverage and response for residential population.
2. Train live in professional staff on duty procedures and crisis management protocol.
3. Act as point person with Hamden Police and Fire Department in response to residential behavior.
4. Participate in duty rotation as directed.
1. Serve as a primary Conduct Hearing Officer.
2. Coordinate student billing processes.
3. Participate in departmental, divisional and institutional committees as assigned.
4. Serve in duty rotation with other live on staff members during peak weekends.
5. Assume other responsibilities as assigned.
Master's degree and residential life live in experience required. The successful candidate will be an excellent communicator, skilled in crisis management, possess technology skills, must be able to work independently and collaborate with campus partners.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.