Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 4/17/2015.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Adler University is the leading academic institution advancing socially responsible practice, healthy communities, and a more just society. Adler University was founded on an important idea: Our health resides in our community life and connections. This is what drives our groundbreaking curricula and commitment to social responsibility, from our campuses in downtown Chicago and Vancouver and through Adler Online. We work with those courageous enough to want to change the world. Our doctoral and master's programs—many of them nationally recognized in fast-growing fields—prepare students to lead social change in the fields of psychology and mental health, criminal justice and public safety, business, public policy, and advocacy.
We are committed to quality through continuous process improvement and personal accountability. As a result, we seek professionals, who embrace life-long learning, present proactive solutions and drive results to support social responsibility from the classroom to the community.
The System Bursar is responsible for Student Accounts for the Chicago campus and the new Global campus for online degree programs. The System Bursar supervises a Student Account Advisor and a new Student Accounts Coordinator to be recruited in the next academic year.
A successful candidate for this position will possess the following characteristics:
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or Higher Education
• 5 years of experience as a Bursar or related role in a higher education institution
• Candidates with Datatel/ Ellucian Colleague will be given first consideration.
• Supervises Cashier and Student Accounts Coordinator for both Chicago and Global (online) campuses
• Customer-service orientation and excellent communication skills
• Expertise in Excel, including working knowledge of pivot tables, filters, and lookups
• Successful experience as a member of collaborative teams
• Experience with handling cash and other forms of point-of-sale payment
• Strong numbers and/or accounting background; attention to detail required
• Experience with financial aid is a plus.
• Self-starter capable of working in a fast-paced, demanding environment
Note: The selected candidate will undergo a background check, which includes a credit check.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Adler University that all persons are entitled to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) protection. Adler University does not discriminate against any individual for employment because of age, religion, race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status (including unfavorable discharge from the military), or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.